Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-26-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Mandatory speed limiters due on all cars within three years in the EU

European Transport Safety Council proposals gain approval from MEPs (Members of European Parliament); mandatory limiters likely within three years.

All new cars sold in the EU are set to be fitted with mandatory speed limiters within three years, after a key group of MEPs approved the fitment of a wide range of safety measures for new cars.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-ne...in-three-years
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:31 PM   #2
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Seeing how most new cars sold within five years will be autonomous speeding will become a thing of the past in ten years. I see speed limits being raised on interstates though. I am shocked that all insurance companies have not demanded OBD data logs yet. The nanny state has arrived.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 10:06 PM   #3
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Seeing how most new cars sold within five years will be autonomous speeding will become a thing of the past in ten years. I see speed limits being raised on interstates though. I am shocked that all insurance companies have not demanded OBD data logs yet. The nanny state has arrived.
Autonomous Cars are not going to be mainstream in just 5 years. Maybe in another 20 they will make up about 25% of the market...but we're further than you think in settling out their issues on a mechanical and political level.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 12:48 AM   #4
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
They should talk with people who have such camera based systems in their car right now. Every person I met who drive such a car turned the system off since a lot of times when you pass a truck that has speed limit sign on the back (it's the same visuals as a common speed limit sign, but only shows how fast that truck is allowed to drive) it get's recognized as a speed limit
Old 02-27-2019, 01:37 AM   #5
Vanquish
Banned

Drives: 2018 2SS
gov't regulation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
European Transport Safety Council proposals gain approval from MEPs (Members of European Parliament); mandatory limiters likely within three years.

All new cars sold in the EU are set to be fitted with mandatory speed limiters within three years, after a key group of MEPs approved the fitment of a wide range of safety measures for new cars.

These governors need to go. Here is why. Highly regulated speed and rpm gauges that go to 200mph, and redline at 6500 are just plain lies when the car won't do 150mph, or hit its redline. The builders of these said "high performance cars" should replace those gauges with ones measuring 150mph max and true rpm's for those cars factory set for governing. It certainly seems like manufacture fraud that's probably in bed with the EPA.

Last edited by Vanquish; 02-27-2019 at 02:20 AM. Reason: typo
Vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:08 AM   #6
AKI.SILES

Drives: 2SS FIFTY
How tired I am of the politicians, that the blood suck like vampires and they pretend to govern us like cattle. They bore the sheep.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:12 AM   #7
AKI.SILES

Drives: 2SS FIFTY
Every day I have a more antiunion opinion. For this, if you join and legislate, but to trap and imprison the fled of justice who live in countries of the same union, for that we are different countries. That fatigue of mediocre policies.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:30 AM   #8
Vanquish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquish View Post
These governors need to go. Here is why. Highly regulated speed and rpm gauges that go to 200mph, and redline at 6500 are just plain lies when the car won't do 150mph, or hit its redline. The builders of these said "high performance cars" should replace those gauges with ones measuring 150mph max and true rpm's for those cars factory set for governing. It certainly seems like manufacture fraud that's probably in bed with the EPA.
My brain fart just told me, "bet the cop's cars aren't governed!"
Old 02-27-2019, 02:34 AM   #9
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post

Doesn't surprise me. And it also won't surprise me that it will be welcomed with open arms in many places.

"Gunkk, what is this craziness?!", you say? In much of France and the UK they are hard core with speed cameras... +1mph and you pay a 200 euro fine, no questions, no court challenges: you just lose. Sure the gilets jaunes will b!tch about it, but the majority of the population will just shrug and go about their daily lives.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:56 AM   #10
Vanquish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Doesn't surprise me. And it also won't surprise me that it will be welcomed with open arms in many places.

"Gunkk, what is this craziness?!", you say? In much of France and the UK they are hard core with speed cameras... +1mph and you pay a 200 euro fine, no questions, no court challenges: you just lose. Sure the gilets jaunes will b!tch about it, but the majority of the population will just shrug and go about their daily lives.
We're in big doodoo. I'm seeing more boxy cars on my street with tiny wheels and fart pipes. It won't be long before a motorized wheelchair is next. I look at it this way, if I press pedal and get to the store in 1 min, mr. boxy is still on his pedal miles behind me. Who saves on time and gas, looks like me. Damn Volvo's.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:37 AM   #11
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
The ironic thing is, from what I've seen, exceeding the speed limit is rarely the cause of an accident. Someone driving under the speed limit has been found to be more of a hazard in the studies I've seen. Of course, distracted driving is a cancer. I've found more distracted drivers seem to drive a bit slower, thinking it's safer to do whatever besides watch the road as long as they drive slow.
I thought it was pretty well established that while speed correlates poorly with accident likelihood, it is a pretty good predictor of accident severity. To put it simply, while speeding doesn't cause crashes, it makes them worse.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:55 AM   #12
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
A buddy has a BMW here in the US that has the ability to "read" speed limit signs. It can display the speed limit on the DIC and you can set a warning if you wish. He pointed out that features like this (start/stop, etc.) are programmable and many BMW owners enable or disable these features via a tune.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:16 AM   #13
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Does this fall under the Green New Deal, long with eliminating cow farts? lol! Got to love when government thinks they know best for people instead of having personal responsibility. The day that all vehicles become self driving boxes is the day I start walking everywhere, hope not in my life time though!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:27 AM   #14
Frisbey

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
The day that all vehicles become self driving boxes is the day I start walking everywhere!
On that day,
I start driving my 67 Camaro as my daily, it doesn’t know what a computer or gps is
2000 - 02/06/18 | 4300 - 02/20/18 Built
3000 - 02/07/18 | 5000 - 03/08/18 At Dealer
3100 - 02/09/18 | Delivered
Frisbey is offline   Reply With Quote