Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-16-2022, 01:37 PM   #15
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Did most/all of you guys do the install yourself? If so, any tips or suggestions for those that may be considering the same? Thanks ��
I did mine in my garage, there is a youtube video of the whole install start to finish out there somewhere, pretty easy process, spring compressors are a must!
Old 08-16-2022, 02:34 PM   #16
FalconerOneSeven

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHE'Z 18 View Post
Did most/all of you guys do the install yourself? If so, any tips or suggestions for those that may be considering the same? Thanks ��
It's actually more involved than the videos on YouTube indicates. Like someone mentioned spring compressor is a must.
You will need a full alignment afterwards because you will loose front camber settings when separating strut from the knuckle (you might be able to get close by using a screw with threaded hole).
The back is going to be a bit of a struggle if you don't have access to a lift but given time and preparation it's doable with a floor jack and jack stands.

Personally, if I have to do this again I would let an experience shop in aligning and adjusting camber do the all thing.

My 2 cents.

Also I am using Eibach springs for awhile now with no issues and quite pleased with the ride quality.
FalconerOneSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:23 PM   #17
WillyZ83

Drives: 18 zl1 garnet red
I appreciate the input from everyone . Looks like some solid feedback on the Eibach thus far.

2022 zl1 740hp / 730tq stolen
2018 zl1 Maggie - 2" headers - flex fuel - lowside fuel ssytem - +30 injectors - cordes ice tank - spl rear linkage arms
WillyZ83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 08:48 AM   #18
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconerOneSeven View Post
It's actually more involved than the videos on YouTube indicates. Like someone mentioned spring compressor is a must.
You will need a full alignment afterwards because you will loose front camber settings when separating strut from the knuckle (you might be able to get close by using a screw with threaded hole).
The back is going to be a bit of a struggle if you don't have access to a lift but given time and preparation it's doable with a floor jack and jack stands.

Personally, if I have to do this again I would let an experience shop in aligning and adjusting camber do the all thing.

My 2 cents.

Also I am using Eibach springs for awhile now with no issues and quite pleased with the ride quality.
Installation isn't bad at all, easily doable without a lift in a few hours. I've been on Eibach's for almost a year now without issue.

Proof, if you have a minute to waste, lol. Don't ask, no clue why I bothered with a time lapse.

- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 11:15 AM   #19
FalconerOneSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitereality View Post
Installation isn't bad at all, easily doable without a lift in a few hours. I've been on Eibach's for almost a year now without issue.

Proof, if you have a minute to waste, lol. Don't ask, no clue why I bothered with a time lapse.

I guess I an getting to old to crawl under a car

Have you replaced the TTY bolts or re-used them?
Old 08-17-2022, 11:21 AM   #20
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Always replace TTY bolts. They are torqued past the point of elastic deformation, and they do not snap back.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:24 PM   #21
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX ZL1 View Post
I ran the BMR as the eibach was a little lower than I wanted. Ride is great and lowered it just right.
Ohhh that looks sweet. Fixed the gap and a set of non-stock rims I actually like the looks of on the car. Well done!
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 01:10 PM   #22
ATL_Ronin

Drives: 2022 ZL1
I'm curious about this topic as well, did any of you recalibrate your magride system after lowering?
ATL_Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:56 PM   #23
Katech_Zach

Drives: 14 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX ZL1 View Post
I ran the BMR as the eibach was a little lower than I wanted. Ride is great and lowered it just right.
Do you have any pics of the Eibach that we can compare to your BMR drop?

And for other above comments, its possible Eibach has resolved this issue. A lot of what i found (which wasnt much) was older posts on here. I may give the Eibach a shot now based on everyones feedback
Katech_Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:59 PM   #24
clg82

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Ronin View Post
I'm curious about this topic as well, did any of you recalibrate your magride system after lowering?
I did not, according to my email to Eibach, they said it doesn't lower the car low enough to affect that magride for recalibration purposes.....so i haven't done it yet.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:00 PM   #25
FalconerOneSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Always replace TTY bolts. They are torqued past the point of elastic deformation, and they do not snap back.
This is precisely why I asked because none of the Youtube videos I've seen mentioned that.
Old 08-17-2022, 06:27 PM   #26
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
I did not, according to my email to Eibach, they said it doesn't lower the car low enough to affect that magride for recalibration purposes.....so i haven't done it yet.
Same here and no issues with the magride.

Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 06:40 PM   #27
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Same here and no issues with the magride.

I see you trying to hide that wagon!

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 07:07 PM   #28
WillyZ83

Drives: 18 zl1 garnet red
Uh oh……

2022 zl1 740hp / 730tq stolen
2018 zl1 Maggie - 2" headers - flex fuel - lowside fuel ssytem - +30 injectors - cordes ice tank - spl rear linkage arms
WillyZ83 is offline   Reply With Quote