Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-23-2019, 09:14 AM   #1
camaross94

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Help! Front splitter is pulling down on front bumper

So my splitter is pulling down on the bumper, and the spot is right in the middle under the front grill. I was wondering, for whoever has had a front splitter/front lip setup, if this is something that has happened? Any way to easily fix it? Picture for reference of my setup
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #2
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Looks like the connecting rods are mounted straight to the bumper. Not sure what you can do now so that you can not see the holes in the bummer. You should’ve connected them to braces behind the lower grill. Only thing I can think of is make a bracket coming off of your bumper braces and connect them to it.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
fly2hip8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Yea, those braces need to be mounted to something solid. They will do no good but ruin your bumper now
fly2hip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:36 PM   #4
camaross94

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Where exactly behind the grill? Is there a pic for reference , so I can change it up. It pulls down on it a bit, not terrible but slightly annoying having to pop it back into place.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:47 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Best option is to drill through the bumper and mount it directly to the reinforcement bar. Ideally you should have gone through the lower grill mounting it to the reinforcement bar.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 03:12 PM   #6
Ssauce2

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
Does anybody have pictures of this ? Should front bumper come off to attach to reinforcement bar ? Because I made the mistake too
Ssauce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:46 PM   #7
Car Nation Videos
YouTube-Car Nation Videos

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
It should be mounted to the steel bar behind the plastic bumper.
Car Nation Videos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:14 PM   #8
BatmaroBeauty
BOOST OR BUST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
This happened to my old bumper and permanently warped the plastic so definitely try to fix it sooner than later. Luckily, a solution I found was a product from Aerosport Concepts called an support rod crash rail hardware kit. It basically does exactly what everyone in here is describing and connects your crash support bar to your existing splitter support rods through the bumper holes you’ve already created. Here’s some links and photos better describing install:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxymNRMH...dium=copy_link
Attached Images

BUILD STATUS: LOADING BOOST . . .
BatmaroBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:07 AM   #9
joekono

Drives: Camaro Convertible 2014 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmaroBeauty View Post
This happened to my old bumper and permanently warped the plastic so definitely try to fix it sooner than later. Luckily, a solution I found was a product from Aerosport Concepts called an support rod crash rail hardware kit. It basically does exactly what everyone in here is describing and connects your crash support bar to your existing splitter support rods through the bumper holes you’ve already created. Here’s some links and photos better describing install:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxymNRMH...dium=copy_link
Now that looks solid!!!!