Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 12-13-2021, 06:26 AM   #29
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
Maybe the 3 digit codes have changed but for years employee was GMS and Supplier was GMU I think. Can any (long time) code users back me up.
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 06:36 AM   #30
VQ35DE

James I know you worked for GM a long time but GMS was employee from stock inventory, ands GMO was employee ordered inventory. Check with some old GM buddies of yours. I remember supplier being GMU.
Old 12-13-2021, 08:59 AM   #31
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
GMS is and has been the INTERNAL GM Employee Pricing code for a very long time.

This is what I see when I pull the current incentive program guidelines.
Attached Images

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 04:55 PM   #32
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by VQ35DE View Post
James I know you worked for GM a long time but GMS was employee from stock inventory, ands GMO was employee ordered inventory. Check with some old GM buddies of yours. I remember supplier being GMU.
I think you are right about the GMO / GMS in days past. Back then, I think it may actually be 15 years ago or more, there was no “discount for friends” program. Period. There was the different programs for if you ordered the vehicle (GMO seems right) and if you bought from a dealer lot. That very well may have been GMS back then. GMO discounts were typically 12-20%, depending on the car you ordered. GMS (from stock) were best price you could negotiate plus an additional 5% off. I had completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it. I bought a C4 using the GMS from stock option. Got a better discount than if I had ordered it, because it was at the end of the ‘87 MY and ‘88 models were about to hit the lot. So I got their markdown, low interest financing and the GMS 5%.

About 15 years ago or so the program changed to just have one discount process for employees and family members. At the time family was self, spouse, parents, children, siblings. Maybe in-laws, maybe not. I don’t recall that part exactly. Eventually the family designations were expanded to aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, and nephews and in-laws if they weren’t already included. Then allowing employees to provide a discount to friends came later and was tied to the Supplier Discount, which by that time was called GMS.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 07:34 PM   #33
VQ35DE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post

Correct and thank you. Can you pull up the current supplier code also. My memory says it it GMU.
Old 12-14-2021, 07:51 AM   #34
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

A lot of this stuff was consolidated about 10 years ago. I'd like to see what that code is for Supplier. Possibly it's the same and the program distinguishes the two.

GMS used to stand for General Motors Stock and may still be that way
Old 12-14-2021, 08:34 AM   #35
Toronto_Time

Drives: '22 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quick question here.

My Fiance's father works at a GM plant and as such he has a family discount. My Fiance used it to buy her Sonic a couple years ago. Her Das says he is happy to give me the discount. The dealer says I cant use it because I am not married yet....

My opinion is, if I have the code, you take it and don't worry about my status let GM worry about that.
Toronto_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:04 AM   #36
VQ35DE

GMS has never stood for the supplier program, be it in the past or present. I think it was and is GMU.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:42 AM   #37
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto_Time View Post
Quick question here.

My Fiance's father works at a GM plant and as such he has a family discount. My Fiance used it to buy her Sonic a couple years ago. Her Das says he is happy to give me the discount. The dealer says I cant use it because I am not married yet....

My opinion is, if I have the code, you take it and don't worry about my status let GM worry about that.
If you did that and GM audited the purchase, your fiancé’s dad would lose his ability to use GM discount for an indeterminate amount of time. I’ve seen 1 year, and I’ve seen 2 years. When you marry her you’ll have access to the discount with no issues.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 12-14-2021, 10:48 AM   #38
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
A lot of this stuff was consolidated about 10 years ago. I'd like to see what that code is for Supplier. Possibly it's the same and the program distinguishes the two.

GMS used to stand for General Motors Stock and may still be that way
The code for GM Supplier for someone that works for a GM Supplier company is GSP.

The code for GM Supplier for Friends(the code that is from a GM Employee aka Friends and Family) is GSF.
Old 12-14-2021, 11:31 AM   #39
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
The code for GM Supplier for someone that works for a GM Supplier company is GSP.

The code for GM Supplier for Friends(the code that is from a GM Employee aka Friends and Family) is GSF.
There ya go!

Old 12-14-2021, 11:49 AM   #40
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto_Time View Post

It doesn't work that way. The dealer will get charged back for the amount of the GM Employee payout that they get.

Nowadays though, you would have to get an authorization code and have to meet all of the program guidelines to get it, then show proof you qualify. It's not as easy as showing up with an employee code like it used to be.
Old 12-14-2021, 11:57 AM   #41
Toronto_Time

Drives: '22 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Fair enough thank you guys. I'll just hurry up the marriage before my Camaro comes in. Jk.
Toronto_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:10 PM   #42
VQ35DE

Quote:

Thanks.