Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-19-2021, 06:50 PM   #29
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
And you would be signing up for losing money, almost guaranteed... The majority of the used vehicle pricing is so inflated, ESPECIALLY the Camaro's. My 2SS is currently on the lot for almost the sticker price that it sold for back in '17. People are allowed to spend their money as they please, but I could never recommend that to someone....not now, anyway.

Ya... I haven't looked at prices lately, you could very well be right and most likely are. Glad I'm not in the vehicle market right now. New or Used. I'll just be happy the auto's I do own have gone up in value...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:46 PM   #30
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz8 View Post
If anyone checks in the Chevrolet site and builds a Camaro they give the inventory to match. About a week ago they added a handful of Camaros with a "In Transit" status. I'm not sure why during the current circumstances? I don't even know if "In Transit" means it's shipped from the factory or something else to be honest.

They might have been some of those 2000 Camaros waiting for the semi conductors. I know the articles said they were idle but you never know for sure.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:47 PM   #31
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Ya... I haven't looked at prices lately, you could very well be right and most likely are. Glad I'm not in the vehicle market right now. New or Used. I'll just be happy the auto's I do own have gone up in value...

If I were in the market right now for a SS at these prices I'd probably would honestly consider the 400z coming out in a couple months Base price starting is cheaper than many of the 2SS used right now.
Old 05-20-2021, 01:29 PM   #32
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaz8 View Post
If anyone checks in the Chevrolet site and builds a Camaro they give the inventory to match. About a week ago they added a handful of Camaros with a "In Transit" status. I'm not sure why during the current circumstances? I don't even know if "In Transit" means it's shipped from the factory or something else to be honest.
Most likely those In Transit Camaros are for people that have already ordered theirs.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:08 AM   #33
Totallyshocked

Drives: 2019 Vanderhall Speedster
When the Camaro I ordered popped up on Chevrolet’s website it said “in transit “. The dealership said expected ETA was April 30th. Well the dealership still has no clue when it will arrive and I called customer service and the said ask your dealer. If I wasn’t set on this color I would have canceled my order already and wait till they started showing up on dealership lots again. Or maybe just buy the new Trans Am. Maybe a classic muscle car to play with.
Totallyshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 03:16 PM   #34
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totallyshocked View Post
When the Camaro I ordered popped up on Chevrolet’s website it said “in transit “. The dealership said expected ETA was April 30th. Well the dealership still has no clue when it will arrive and I called customer service and the said ask your dealer. If I wasn’t set on this color I would have canceled my order already and wait till they started showing up on dealership lots again. Or maybe just buy the new Trans Am. Maybe a classic muscle car to play with.

What model you order and Color?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 06:05 PM   #35
BundiMan
The Nights Watch

Drives: 22 ZL1 M6 Vert
Quote:
When the Camaro I ordered popped up on Chevrolet’s website it said: “in transit “. The dealership said the expected ETA was April 30th. Well the dealership still has no clue when it will arrive and I called customer service and they said ask your dealer. If I wasn’t set on this color I would have canceled my order already and wait till they started showing up on dealership lots again. Or maybe just buy the new Trans Am. Maybe a classic muscle car to play with.
So have you already passed on the car? Did you cancel the order with the dealership or do they still think you are purchasing it when it arrives?
TPW 8/23 24 Jul 2021
3400 30 Jul 2021
3800 26 Aug 2021
4000 1 Sep 2021
6000 14 Sep 2021
57 Days from accepted order to delivery.
19 Days from build to delivery.
BundiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 07:56 PM   #36
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
If I were in the market right now for a SS at these prices I'd probably would honestly consider the 400z coming out in a couple months Base price starting is cheaper than many of the 2SS used right now.
Hopefully Nissan Dealers are not like Toyota. When the new Supra came out went to look at one, almost 50, pulled up in a new C7 Grand Sport, and I am not a ahole Corvette owner. Dealer had it roped off and
I couldnt even sit in it. Screw Autonation Ft Myers FL. I have foreigners and people just want to check out the Vette and let them sit in it and take photos (pre covid). And a retired first responder (the hated ones now) and cops from different countries wanted photos and to sit inside my Charger (with the HEMI). My wife has had a bunch of Nissans/Infinitis. Just let people check em out. And I do not see a lot of Supras on roads right mow. Still waiting on my 1LE since Feb.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 08:14 PM   #37
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckt227 View Post
Hopefully Nissan Dealers are not like Toyota. When the new Supra came out went to look at one, almost 50, pulled up in a new C7 Grand Sport, and I am not a ahole Corvette owner. Dealer had it roped off and
I couldnt even sit in it. Screw Autonation Ft Myers FL. I have foreigners and people just want to check out the Vette and let them sit in it and take photos (pre covid). And a retired first responder (the hated ones now) and cops from different countries wanted photos and to sit inside my Charger (with the HEMI). My wife has had a bunch of Nissans/Infinitis. Just let people check em out. And I do not see a lot of Supras on roads right mow. Still waiting on my 1LE since Feb.
Autonation dealers also seem higher priced as well. The 370z hasn't been very popular around here last few years so we'll see if dealers get a lot of 400zs.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:18 PM   #38
z28deuce

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Joe is incredibly helpful with providing order status updates in the Order Status Requests thread:
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
The '21s have finally started showing up.

There is no "new Trans Am". Pontiac, and Trans Am, are long gone. Assume you're talking about the companies that do Trans Am conversions on new Camaros. While it is sort of a cool idea, the prices are crazy, and the scarcity of new and used 6th gen Camaros is affecting their availability and pricing, too.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #39
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28deuce View Post
Joe is incredibly helpful with providing order status updates in the Order Status Requests thread:
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
The '21s have finally started showing up.

There is no "new Trans Am". Pontiac, and Trans Am, are long gone. Assume you're talking about the companies that do Trans Am conversions on new Camaros. While it is sort of a cool idea, the prices are crazy, and the scarcity of new and used 6th gen Camaros is affecting their availability and pricing, too.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Yup. Super crazy prices. At lower tiered Super Car prices, around $200k.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 12:26 PM   #40
22-1SS

Drives: 2020 Civic Sport 2022 1SS on order
Dealership tried to order a Crush '21 1SS for me and they've been locked out. 2022 orders only. So I went with white because Crush is no longer offered for the '22's. Doesn't bother me much, I've owned more white cars than anything else and I like the white/black contrast. Rest of the build stayed the same except a $100 increase for the Black Appearance package which I went with. Also added red calipers and a handful of other things to make the car mine. This is my very first special order car, and my 4th Camaro since 1987! Looking forward to taking possession but it will be a while. Projected build starting around Sept. 20th, I'll be lucky to see mine by mid to late Oct.
22-1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 01:26 PM   #41
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22-1SS View Post
Dealership tried to order a Crush '21 1SS for me and they've been locked out. 2022 orders only. So I went with white because Crush is no longer offered for the '22's. Doesn't bother me much, I've owned more white cars than anything else and I like the white/black contrast. Rest of the build stayed the same except a $100 increase for the Black Appearance package which I went with. Also added red calipers and a handful of other things to make the car mine. This is my very first special order car, and my 4th Camaro since 1987! Looking forward to taking possession but it will be a while. Projected build starting around Sept. 20th, I'll be lucky to see mine by mid to late Oct.
Very nice. Congratulations.
My very first special order and very first new car was my ZLE. It was quite the experience as ZL1s, especially ZLEs aren’t very common.
Your car will be sweet
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote