Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-25-2020, 12:47 AM   #1
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Solution for radiator overflow hose?

Hey all, I'm having a bit of an issue with the hose to the overflow tank from my Mishimoto radiator.

Currently the ram-air intake from Vararam is in the way somewhat, and is grinding against the overflow port of the radiator to the reservoir. This has caused the hose to tear apart, leaving no way for fluid to flow back into the radiator and causes boiling fluid to just push out and spray inside the engine bay.

I want to know if there are any negatives to the fluid spraying around the engine bay, and maybe some sort of resolution. Currently I'm thinking some spacers on the screws for the intake would free up space for the overflow port and hose. I'll post pics in a second.
L99 to LS3 conversion, Vararam ram air intake, BTR Nightfury cam, Johnson lifters, LS7 injectors, Circle D 3200 stall converter, Kooks LT headers, Custom X-pipe
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:13 AM   #2
Teeth

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Here are the pics, pardon the dust...Arizona is not kind to daily drivers with breathable hoods lol
Attached Images

L99 to LS3 conversion, Vararam ram air intake, BTR Nightfury cam, Johnson lifters, LS7 injectors, Circle D 3200 stall converter, Kooks LT headers, Custom X-pipe
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:44 AM   #3
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeth View Post

I want to know if there are any negatives to the fluid spraying around the engine bay, and maybe some sort of resolution. Currently I'm thinking some spacers on the screws for the intake would free up space for the overflow port and hose. I'll post pics in a second.
I would think any fluids spraying around in the engine bay can’t be a good thing. Is there any way to reroute the hose to get it out of the problem area?
Old 11-25-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
I've had coolant spray all over the engine bay when the turbine v-band burned through the return hose. Didn't seem to harm anything but did take multiple rinsing sessions on the heat wrap to get the smell to go away every time the car warmed up. I also use foaming engine bay cleaners and rinse with a pressure washer from about 5 ft away. Has never seemed to bother any of my vehicles.

Given that overflow is aluminum and you can't trim that intake where it rubs, I think you have the right idea with spacers.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is online now   Reply With Quote