Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-22-2016, 11:50 AM   #1
Ghostog27

Drives: 2017 1LT Camaro
Powder coated stock camaro ls rims. Pics up!

I got my stock 18" rims powder coated mirror black. I didn't want to spend a whole bunch on this v6 but I definitely wanted to make it look pretty, ill have it for a few more years and it was time for new tires (after 20k miles) I drive this car. I didn't want to just settle for the plasti dip.

If you're going to get powder coating done, check with the company and see if they do a primer coat, some do some don't but the main coat will adhere and last much longer with a primer coat. The company I went with also does this mirror black that is the Harley Davidson black. I was stoked when he told me that because I wanted the gloss black look. I went with CIP powder coating in Buellton Ca. for anyone here on the central coast.

I had my camaro on jack stands in the driveway for almost a week, I used the jack stand points from this thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214931,
front is easy, the back I had to use a 2x4 to get the height without my stands being maxed out! I used a piece of 2x4 for extra clearance to jack up the front also, even my low profile jack would hit the little shroud on the front bumper.

The tires I ordered came a day after the wheels were done etc.. Try and get your tires ordered or have them at the shop you're gonna get them put on at ready. I also spray painted my center caps and lug nuts. They came out good, but of course when tightening down lug nuts the black got etched on the tighter cranks a little, still looks gloss black though. If you're gonna Spray paint yourself do it while your wheels are getting done so you can multi coat and they have time to dry fully.

I had blocks with 2x4's under the jack points and a jack in front as a fail safe.

Powder coating cost me $440, $110 a wheel.
Jack stands $15 on sale at o'reilly and $20 at kmart
Spray paint, primer and gloss $8

Enough chatter, here are some pics. any questions just ask!
Let me know what you think!

Click on thumbnail for larger pic!

Last edited by Ghostog27; 11-23-2016 at 12:36 AM.
Ghostog27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #2
Kopterman

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Pictures don't show up.
Kopterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
lkaire75

Drives: 2014 Camaro V6 2LT
The pictures don't show up.
lkaire75 is offline   Reply With Quote