Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-28-2016, 01:05 AM   #1
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Another damm exhaust thread!

So, I have the dreaded muffler rattle. It seems to be getting worse as the miles pile on. I've been hesitating on pulling the trigger on exhaust because I'm just not sure what I want, or want to spend $600 on mufflers.

I think I've listened to all set ups in the exhaust sticky thread, but there aren't any set ups like the one I'm thinking about.

Tossing around the idea of getting the Magnaflow resonated x-pipe, you know the muffler style dual in/out, and combining that with muffler elims. What I'm concerned about is volume. I had this set up on a '96 Vette, and loved it on that car.

The thing is, I really don't want to get too much louder than stock, some, but I want to keep friendly with neighbors in the complex. I come home late sometimes. Plus I'm just too old for the "loud" drama, lol.

Whadda y'all think? Know anybody with this set up on an LS3?
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #2
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I have a set up that's not too loud and is completely drone free. Kooks headers, kooks cat deletes, magnaflow street series cat back. The street series comes with the resonated x-pipe and rear mufflers. For me it's almost perfect but I might replace the mufflers with something a bit more aggressive. This is on a LS3 as well.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 02:22 PM   #3
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I've got the Kooks street sleeper and it's fairly quiet, very similar system to the Doug Thorley catback. I think Maryland Speed still has those in stock for a very good price, less than 600 I believe if they've got them which could be something to look into. To quiet it further add a resonated x pipe.

Another option would be the resonated x pipe and some magnaflow mufflers installed in place of the stock mufflers.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote