Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #1
ForcFed93

Drives: 2001 2500HD
Precut paint protection film

So, I'm trying source pre-cut pieces of paint protection film for the gill area.

Obviously, I'm not skilled enough to pull off the front and since I don't drive that many miles, I'm not as concerned about the it. But since I have a 1LE, with the 285 section Goodyear SC G:2's, I know that the gill area is going to take a beating every time I drive.

Does anyone know of any vendors or have any links where I can buy just those two pieces?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:12 PM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
First I would get rock/splashguards for the front tires to prevent new chips. If you bought the car from a Chevrolet dealership, I've heard some of them will repaint the area. The best price I have found for the guards is $40, on ebay. The dealerships charge upwards of 140 to 160 for the same thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-CHEVRO...2892de&vxp=mtr

If your dealer wont do it, you can touch up with Dr. Colorchip, it works well.
I have clear bra on front but didn't get it installed on "gill" areas as the guards have prevented any new chips in these areas.

If your dead set on clear bra for these areas, you'll still want to do 1 of these 2, as the chips will still show underneath the film if not repainted or touched up.

I would contact an installer in your area for a price for the 2 pieces of film.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote