Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-13-2021, 09:15 PM   #435
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Do you have any photos of your paint, in the sun, etc.? I would love to be proved wrong, but I just can't believe it . I would also assume that we all have different levels of "dirty" for our cars? For example, it looks like you are in Cali... which has many areas of concrete playgrounds. I know in the cities, from what I've seen, the vehicles don't seem to get the same level of dirty as what I see around home.
Yes, I am in California. I have not purposely taken pictures of my car in the sun looking for swirls though. (Plenty of pictures of my car in the Shock photo thread) Is my Camaro's paint perfect, hell no it ain't! I've tracked it 3 times so far and countless canyon carving. Theres going to be some minor swirls, but nothing even close to feeling that I need to break out my DA and polish.

My car is garage kept and my daily driver. So yes, my level of dirty is honestly just dusty 90% of the time Lol. When it does rain here and the car actually gets dirty I've used OnR without issue. Wheels/Tires I still use plain old car soap and water.

I'll admit the first couple of time doing a rinse less I was on the fence. But after that it just gets better. I keep it simple. I Pre Spray OnR (I have one of those hand hand held pump sprayers) on the car and follow the directions as is. I owned a black z28 F-body for over 18 years so I've been around the block with swirls/scratches. I was skeptical too at first but it's definitely my preferred method for keeping my car clean. Neighbors think I'm washing my car with straight up pain water.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:17 AM   #436
peteric

Drives: 2016 camaro
I tried the Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ last week and was happy with the result.
peteric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:21 AM   #437
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
Here is a few points i dont think anyone has been saying too much about, i looked it up on youtube and its a thing.

1: mixing this product with distilled water is a good ideal. I previously spent more time fixing the hard water spots from water that dripped from a hidden spot on to the paint. This will put the price up though.

2: you can store this bucket 🪣 of ONR for more than one use if all you
Put in it was clean rags. It will store for a few more washes.
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 08:04 PM   #438
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
You should always hose off the car first to take large particle off. After that rinseless is about the same as traditional.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:19 PM   #439
EJR8402

Drives: 2019 Red Hot 1SS "Scarlett"
I'm a convert to rinseless methods in specific situations, but if the car is too dirty I just don't feel confident that I will not mar it without using a ridiculous number of towels.

I've been using the Wolfgang Uber Rinseless, and this works great as a quick detailer mixed with distilled water as well.

I'll take 3 gallons of water (just regular, but you can do distilled too) and mix it with the amount of Uber the instructions say to. Then just soak the towels. Go top to bottom on the car, wiping, then use a drying towel to finish off each panel.

The Uber mixed with distilled water in a spray bottle (my detail mix) is used to prevent watermarks from the hard water (i.e., for a finishing panel wipedown after drying it). I will also use it this way when doing a regular 2-bucket wash. I love it when I can do this because I don't have to mess with hoses, I can clean it in the garage, and don't have to worry about water spots nearly as much.

I can see where those in California or somewhere with a similar climate would love this kind of method for most washes, because it just doesn't rain a whole lot and mostly what you're seeing on the finish is dust buildup. But for those of us who have to drive a lot when it's raining, or through slushy snow, IMO rinseless just doesn't cut it.
EJR8402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 12:36 PM   #440
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Mckees n-914 is by far the best rinseless out of the several I’ve tried.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote