Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-16-2020, 12:33 AM   #1
RaycinSS

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
WTB: Z/28 Headers American Racing or Kooks

I will be in the market for some headers in the very near future. I know some of you are demodding before you sell or changing setups. If you have something you want to sell or thinking you may have in the future please let me know.

My preference is a 2" system without cats but will consider others.

Let me know what you have and pictures appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by RaycinSS; 05-07-2020 at 10:37 PM.
RaycinSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
Flannel-On-A-Camel

Drives: ‘15 RH Z/28 #185, Hennessey #006
Awesome choice! I have the full ARH system with the cats and factory mufflers on the Z; it sounds absolutely mint. Best of luck with your search!
Flannel-On-A-Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:51 PM   #3
RaycinSS

Still looking for some Z/28 headers . Let me know. Thanks
Old 04-25-2020, 06:45 PM   #4
Yessa
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannel-On-A-Camel View Post
Awesome choice! I have the full ARH system with the cats and factory mufflers on the Z; it sounds absolutely mint. Best of luck with your search!
How bad is the exhaust odor, if any?
Yessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:00 PM   #5
Flannel-On-A-Camel

Drives: ‘15 RH Z/28 #185, Hennessey #006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessa View Post
How bad is the exhaust odor, if any?
Man, I have hardly noticed it. Your mileage may vary, but excluding the improved sound, I forget that the exhaust is not stock. Others can pipe in here, but I wonder if what little extra exhaust smell there is might be from the sum of the powers adders, rather than just the exhaust system.

Last edited by Flannel-On-A-Camel; 04-25-2020 at 11:13 PM.
Flannel-On-A-Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:49 AM   #6
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannel-On-A-Camel View Post
Man, I have hardly noticed it. Your mileage may vary, but excluding the improved sound, I forget that the exhaust is not stock. Others can pipe in here, but I wonder if what little extra exhaust smell there is might be from the sum of the powers adders, rather than just the exhaust system.

I didn't tighten my header to mid pipe clamps and the smell was GOD AWFUL and would give me headaches and water my eyes.

Tightened the clamp and had it tuned and when in the car I can only detect it on windy days, though I'm not sure how bad it is to the cars behind me.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:41 PM   #7
RaycinSS

Car has heads and cam finished now so I'm still looking for some headers and now considering systems without cats. Thanks
Old 05-08-2020, 08:33 AM   #8
MX621

Drives: 2014 z28
Arh/kooks sell them new everyday..
MX621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:04 PM   #9
RaycinSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX621 View Post
Arh/kooks sell them new everyday..
Yes they do. There have also been several sold here on the forum by folks changing setups, selling cars etc... that fit my budget better. I'd rather have a used set that I can afford than none at all.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:36 PM   #10
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaycinSS View Post
Yes they do. There have also been several sold here on the forum by folks changing setups, selling cars etc... that fit my budget better. I'd rather have a used set that I can afford than none at all.
There's nothing wrong with being frugal. The price of headers for our cars seem to be rather expensive to say the least! I know for 'ol school S/B Chevy they are still around $200-300 depending on finish. I guess our modern rides are more "special".
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2020, 11:16 PM   #11
RaycinSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
There's nothing wrong with being frugal. The price of headers for our cars seem to be rather expensive to say the least! I know for 'ol school S/B Chevy they are still around $200-300 depending on finish. I guess our modern rides are more "special".
Yes they do seem to be getting a premium for the minor changes the Z/28 needs vs. other LS7 applications. When the manufacturer has to spread the R&D over a very small production number like we have I'm guessing they are just passing it along and also may feel that if you can afford the Z/28 you can/ will pay more. I understand where they are coming from.

I could have never afforded this car new but I have one now and I assure you that I enjoy owning and driving this car every bit as much if not more than the folks that bought brand new over sticker. This is my favorite car I've owned and I've added some great new friendships because of it also.

I just like great cars, what more can I say
Old 05-09-2020, 05:11 AM   #12
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaycinSS View Post
Yes they do seem to be getting a premium for the minor changes the Z/28 needs vs. other LS7 applications. When the manufacturer has to spread the R&D over a very small production number like we have I'm guessing they are just passing it along and also may feel that if you can afford the Z/28 you can/ will pay more. I understand where they are coming from.

I could have never afforded this car new but I have one now and I assure you that I enjoy owning and driving this car every bit as much if not more than the folks that bought brand new over sticker. This is my favorite car I've owned and I've added some great new friendships because of it also.

I just like great cars, what more can I say
ARH is running a 10% off sale with free shipping on FB

I may have a used wrapped set for sale at some point but waiting for an other set to get back from Swaintech coatings so it'll be a bit yet...yes 2"
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 05:47 AM   #13
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
I paid like $1200 for my short system (normal 1 7/8 no cats) back during a Black Friday sale.... one of the vendors over on CorvetteForum was running discounts.

If that number is good for you, I can look up my order details.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 09:15 PM   #14
RaycinSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBaldDog View Post
I paid like $1200 for my short system (normal 1 7/8 no cats) back during a Black Friday sale.... one of the vendors over on CorvetteForum was running discounts.

If that number is good for you, I can look up my order details.
That's a great idea that you bring up about checking the vendors on Corvette Forum also. The best deal I have been able to find on new ones of either brand so far is on the Kooks 2" with the off road mid pipes for about $1383.00 shipped.

If you remember the vendor you purchased from I'd like to check with them and see what deals they have to offer. Greatly appreciate your input