Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #1
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Question 2 tune for the same car????

Hello,

Is there a way to have (and use in an easy way) 2 different tunes for the same car?

Probably I am going to do a tune without cats, but I need to have another one with them (just to pass smog tests & inspections) and an easy way to switch between both.

Thank you.

Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
The generic answer is "Yes, that is possible" but it may not be needed. That is probably a better question for your tuner based on the modifications you plan for the car.
Mark114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 04:35 PM   #3
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura View Post
Hello,

Is there a way to have (and use in an easy way) 2 different tunes for the same car?

Probably I am going to do a tune without cats, but I need to have another one with them (just to pass smog tests & inspections) and an easy way to switch between both.

Thank you.
Your tuner can tune the car both ways, and give you the calibrations. You just swap the files (software) when you add/remove the cats (hardware).

HP Tuners makes loading a calibration a few minutes, tops. Really easy to do with a laptop in the garage. You can't do it on the cruise control stalk like my VW 15 years ago, but not too hard in any case.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #4
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
if you dont want to take it back to the the tuner each time to have him switch tunes you will have to buy a programmer with you tune. If HP tuners buy the MPV12 with the credits to tune the car and have your tuner use that to crack your ecm. Call your tuner he has to know you want to be able to switch programs without taking it back to him. or you can get a HP Ngauge and that will save your tunes and give you gauges.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 03-11-2019 at 10:20 PM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:38 PM   #5
Akura

Drives: ´18 ZL1 A10 Red Hot 😍
Thank you all!!!

Akura is offline   Reply With Quote