Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-21-2019, 10:00 PM   #1
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Question for those with Speed Engineering Headers

I am asking those who actually own the S.E. headers on their 6th Gen (or have previous experience).

I have a local shop willing to give me a great deal on a set of these so they can get some locally out on the street. I don't really have any issue with where they are made (and before you go there - you are ASSUMING the other brands or headers aren't being off-shored either), and there seem to be several saying the fitment is fine.

I am asking about life over time (welds, corrosion, etc...), ground clearance, fitment, etc...

I would have to get my car retuned which is the only reason I haven't done it yet, but dont want to go thru all the hassle just to retune it.

Im not really doing it for the sound or anything (currently am running CA pipes with gutted rear cats), but want to make sure for plans down the road that I have a decent set of headers for when I do internal mods.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:00 AM   #2
UrMaster

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS
I posted a similar question and some chimed in on social media with good results.
UrMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 10:18 AM   #3
KonigWolf

Drives: 2016 2SS A8
Speed Engineering saves customers money by using a thinner gauge material compared to other header brands. I have their x-pipe/mid pipe because it's Very budget friendly when compared to other brands. I had some old TSP exhaust tubing left over from my 5th gen, an there was a noticeable difference in thickness and weight between the two materials. Also when tig welding the Speedy-E tubbing it felt like it was a dirty metal that didn't care how much I cleaned it.

DIY Hpt Tune - DR - 1.75-60' - 7.47@95 - 11.56@120 with +2676DA
KonigWolf is offline   Reply With Quote