Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 05-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #1
302Blue

Drives: 2017 Camaro V6 1LE
Stainless Lines for V6 1LE?

So about a year ago I purchased these brakes lines from Phastek, thinking that my car had the same brake system as the SS.

My mistake was that, because of who I am as a person, I procrastinated nearly a year before trying to put them on the car. Lo and behold - the front works fine since those are actually straight out of the SS, but apparently the rear calipers are still from the LT/LS so those lines need to be longer.

Obviously, it's too late to return the ones I purchased but do you guys know of a brake kit that will actually work on the LT 1LE? Or do I have to Frankenstein some system together from a SS kit and a LT kit? Anyone found a 1-stop-shop kit?

Wanted to mention this as well in case anyone here had already figured it out:

I've looked into the other main manufacturer, GoodRidge. Problem is though every site seems to agree that 12300 = LT/LS brake lines, WildHammer has the 12302 ="LT w/ Brembo" system with the 12299 = SS/ZL1 and 12440 = SS 1LE kit. Phastek and most other sites have the 12302 = SS and the 12299 = ZL1 kit with the 12440 kit not even mentioned.

If Phastek's listing is correct (12302 & RST's both being labeled as only SS), it would mean even though WildHammer lists the 12302 for the LT 1LE they still may have the wrong rear lines. WildHammer is in the minority here as the only one I've found who has GoodRidge listed like that, and even mentions a 12440 kit. That said, I generally trust WildHammer more just because he's been much more reachable so I emailed GoodRidge to try and clarify. If they can't help and no one knows, I'll just trust WildHammer and see if they'll actually work (in which case Phastek and everyon else might wanna adjust their site listings).
302Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
Wildhammer

Drives: 2017 1SS
We had a customer in the past buy a set for a SS 1LE, and had an issue with a warranty claim on it, that's when Goodridge came back and said there was specific hoses made for specific things ie SS and SS 1LE would be different, along with a ZL1 falling in the same category as a non-SS 1LE, but this was the same guy that told me that the Camaro SS also had a "Camaro SS ZL1" as a sub-model, that's when I about hung up. We didn't have much luck with getting a firm answer as far as to why.

But when it comes to the LT Models and how the rear E-Brake system is different, I can understand why the hose its different, therefore a different kit. I talked to Goodridge today again after seeing your post (Thank you Mr. BigWorm), and confirmed that the sku's on the website are correct for the application on LT Models with and without the upgraded brakes.
Wildhammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, brakes, phastek, stainless brake lines, wildhammer