Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-22-2020, 09:26 PM   #15
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
then corsa sport and done. No drone cold start is nice idle is better then stock and cruising down the hwy almost no difference but when you stand on it it sounds glorious

honestly exhaust sounds on youtube or any other video even the ones the manufacturers put up don't do them justice.
I can take a video of any one of my cars and then play it back and it does them no justice on my iPhone 11pro compared to hearing it in person both in note and sound level
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 07:01 AM   #16
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
ember, you might be better off buying the Chevy Performance axleback for your Camaro as it is not offensively louder than the stock exhaust and is made by Borla and definitely won’t void your warranty since it has a GM part number and an upgrade to your OEM exhaust. Now if you want to upgrade to a quad tip exhaust then you have to change the rear diffuser/valence panel and get aftermarket quad tip without the NPP valves which the Corsa and Borla systems and others offer. The Chevy Performance system is dual tip like your stock system is on your car now. Hope this helps you.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:10 AM   #17
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
ember, you might be better off buying the Chevy Performance axleback for your Camaro as it is not offensively louder than the stock exhaust and is made by Borla and definitely won’t void your warranty since it has a GM part number and an upgrade to your OEM exhaust. Now if you want to upgrade to a quad tip exhaust then you have to change the rear diffuser/valence panel and get aftermarket quad tip without the NPP valves which the Corsa and Borla systems and others offer. The Chevy Performance system is dual tip like your stock system is on your car now. Hope this helps you.
Thanks for this info - good to know who makes the performance exhaust. Chevy doesn't list it as an option for my car, though. Only 2016-2018 or 2019 models. I would expect the 2019 version would fit my 2020, though?

I can go either with or without the NPP actuators as I have a set to use. I'm happy to wire up the system myself as well.

I want quad tips, though, and would be changing out the diffuser when I do swap over. Corsa advertises their "Variable" axle-back as offering a 12dB volume level difference between having the valves opened and closed. Being able to quiet it down when I want and open it up more when I want is the sort of thing I'm going for.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote