Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-15-2020, 07:13 AM   #1
mkmgraham

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
BBK LT Headers

Does anyone have BBK LTs installed? Any fitment, temperature or quality issues to speak of? Probably ordering those as my budgetary header from DynoSteve Monday. They are about $810 shipped with his current sale. Do they usually come with gaskets, O2 extensions, etc. from him? They are ceramic coated steel and not SS but I am not keeping this car forever so I am OK with that. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic/Silver stripes, black Interior. Halo conversion, Diode Dynamics grill lighting, LED interior and fog lights. Sundown 8" DVC, Altrend 300.1 Amp, Handmade side-mount box. Soon to be BBK Headers and hi-flow cats.
mkmgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:56 AM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
They make good headers....youll have to communicate with the seller in regards to the extras.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #3
mkmgraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
They make good headers....youll have to communicate with the seller in regards to the extras.

Thanks for the reply

2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic/Silver stripes, black Interior. Halo conversion, Diode Dynamics grill lighting, LED interior and fog lights. Sundown 8" DVC, Altrend 300.1 Amp, Handmade side-mount box. Soon to be BBK Headers and hi-flow cats.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #4
cfosceola

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I have them, got the 1 3/4in cause where I ordered them from(summit) did't have the 1 7/8 in stock, not a big deal to me. They showed that it did come with the extensions but when they arrived they weren't there so I called them and they said that BBK does not add them to the package anymore, but since it showed in the advertisement they promptly sent them to me at no charge. Fitment was great, very easy to install, just needed a neighbor to hold the passenger side up while I put the 2 end bolts in cause the wife was afraid to go under the car,lol. Took all of 6 hours cause I took my time. Hardest part was putting the damn dip stick back in, had to use my flex in wall camera to find the hole while I was doing it. Drove it for about 2 weeks then had it tuned. Forgot to mention I ordered them with HFC cause I was running it with the BBK straight pipes and hated the smell. Overall I am extremely happy with them, sound is great especially at WOT. Don't understand why these aren't talked about more. They are made in the USA, right here in my great state of Florida
cfosceola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:00 AM   #5
mkmgraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfosceola View Post
I have them, got the 1 3/4in cause where I ordered them from(summit) did't have the 1 7/8 in stock, not a big deal to me. They showed that it did come with the extensions but when they arrived they weren't there so I called them and they said that BBK does not add them to the package anymore, but since it showed in the advertisement they promptly sent them to me at no charge. Fitment was great, very easy to install, just needed a neighbor to hold the passenger side up while I put the 2 end bolts in cause the wife was afraid to go under the car,lol. Took all of 6 hours cause I took my time. Hardest part was putting the damn dip stick back in, had to use my flex in wall camera to find the hole while I was doing it. Drove it for about 2 weeks then had it tuned. Forgot to mention I ordered them with HFC cause I was running it with the BBK straight pipes and hated the smell. Overall I am extremely happy with them, sound is great especially at WOT. Don't understand why these aren't talked about more. They are made in the USA, right here in my great state of Florida

Haha on the camera! That is funny. Thanks for the great intel. I have been considering them like you as they are made here. I do know Steve sells the extensions separately. Appreciate the feedback!!

Old 03-18-2020, 03:07 PM   #6
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmgraham View Post
Does anyone have BBK LTs installed? Any fitment, temperature or quality issues to speak of? Probably ordering those as my budgetary header from DynoSteve Monday. They are about $810 shipped with his current sale. Do they usually come with gaskets, O2 extensions, etc. from him? They are ceramic coated steel and not SS but I am not keeping this car forever so I am OK with that. Thanks!

I have the ceramics 1 7/8 in my car for over 3 years. They are well built and are good quality. The ceramics are worth the extra $$$

Edit: they come with gaskets and extensions
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:31 PM   #7
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGO View Post
I have the ceramics 1 7/8 in my car for over 3 years. They are well built and are good quality. The ceramics are worth the extra $$$

Edit: they come with gaskets and extensions
Same here , i used new GM mls gaskets tho great headers
Old 03-18-2020, 07:32 PM   #8
davidscamaro

And arp bolts
Old 03-18-2020, 07:41 PM   #9
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Speed Engineering are like $350 brand new...

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:41 PM   #10
davidscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Speed Engineering are like $350 brand new...

Stop trying to steal sales away from dyno Steve, his family needs to eat too
Old 03-18-2020, 08:43 PM   #11
davidscamaro

When the op states he wants to support a forum member you dont try to knock there decision..... how do you sleep at night.

Go buy a mustang or something
Old 03-18-2020, 09:53 PM   #12
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
I put out plugs for DynoSteve almost daily...hell, I put one out a few hours ago to a guy looking to do a dyno tune. So...ya.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:16 PM   #13
Maroon 6.2L SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS A6
I have the BBK 1 3/4" long tubes with high flow cats. Look at sound great. No fitment issues. Perform well. I had to ziptie back a cable that got slightly burned that they missed though so double check that stuff. I think I got the ceramic as well
Maroon 6.2L SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:35 PM   #14
mkmgraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon 6.2L SS View Post
I have the BBK 1 3/4" long tubes with high flow cats. Look at sound great. No fitment issues. Perform well. I had to ziptie back a cable that got slightly burned that they missed though so double check that stuff. I think I got the ceramic as well

Thanks!