Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 12-03-2020, 01:43 PM   #7967
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
All that and at no point in 10 years did they think they might need to upgrade the fuel tank.
I know you like to hate on Ford for anything but if its still the same platform there's really not much space to increase tank size I would think....and even then it was not an issue for the last 15 years of the cars history lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:24 PM   #7968
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Just for the sake of accuracy, it wasn’t his car and he didn’t destroy it. It was someone he knows but did not identify. The car was a lime green GT500. His was blue with white stripes. He simply filmed and reported on the aftermath. It actually was pretty interesting to see what happened when the wheel failed hard. The front face and the spokes looked absolutely fine. The barrel looked like a grenade went off in there.
I didn't watch the video. I saw the title, saw it was from him, know he is a liar, and so I ignored it...except to bash him on here. As FOS as he is I wouldn't be surprised if he smashed the rim while it was off the car, then mounted the tire on it and put it on the car to make it seem like it blew. Again, I didn't watch the video nor do I care to. Point is that this is silly behavior by these guys. But they live by the drama and this is what they need to keep their fans tuning in.

Next thing you know one of them will be claiming their car was stolen or vandalized with spray paint by an angry ex or something. Watch...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:25 PM   #7969
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I know you like to hate on Ford for anything
They make it soo easy.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #7970
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
I have watched many of his roll races and 1/4 mile races, he picks only the targets he can outdrive and beat. He underates his power constantly and never tells you all of what he does for mods.
you just described every person at a car meet.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:18 AM   #7971
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

I been doing some thinking on the upcoming Z06. At 600 HP I'm betting it will outrun everything besides the C7 ZR1 on the top end. This includes the current ZL1, C7 Z06, current GT500, Hellcat Redeye, and cars like the M5. I think it'll beat them all (including the C7 ZR1) in the quarter mile. I'd say it'll be good for a legit 10.8 in the quarter on a non-prepped surface and without any of the tricks needed to get the GT500 into the 10s. And hopefully the MSRP will be under $100K for the lowest trim. But I wouldn't be surprised if the top one is over $120K.

And I doubt anything less than a legit Supercar will beat it on the track. "Supercar" like the Aventador and others on that level.

As far as the C8 ZR1, I think that will probably be in the $150K+ range and it'll be on the same level as the Supercars. Maybe up there with the McLaren 720s.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:12 AM   #7972
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
I been doing some thinking on the upcoming Z06. At 600 HP I'm betting it will outrun everything besides the C7 ZR1 on the top end. This includes the current ZL1, C7 Z06, current GT500, Hellcat Redeye, and cars like the M5. I think it'll beat them all (including the C7 ZR1) in the quarter mile. I'd say it'll be good for a legit 10.8 in the quarter on a non-prepped surface and without any of the tricks needed to get the GT500 into the 10s. And hopefully the MSRP will be under $100K for the lowest trim. But I wouldn't be surprised if the top one is over $120K.

And I doubt anything less than a legit Supercar will beat it on the track. "Supercar" like the Aventador and others on that level.

As far as the C8 ZR1, I think that will probably be in the $150K+ range and it'll be on the same level as the Supercars. Maybe up there with the McLaren 720s.
I think you’re pretty much on track here. The only thing I would say differently is that maybe Z06 does match or top C7 ZR1 top speed. Corvette team typically targets beating the previous gen “next model up” in performance specs. C8 Z51 outperform C7 GS, C8 GS (if there will be one) outperform C7 Z06, C8 Z06 outperform C7 ZR1. They were able to accomplish this going from C6 to C7 with new engines, same transmission and same platform. Going from C7 to C8 we’re looking at new engines, new transmission, new platform, and a “gloves off” approach to tire and aero technology.

As far as the super cars, I can say for a fact that when I was still at GM, the competitor car fleet included Ferraris (plural), McLarens (plural) and GT2 / GT3.

$#!¥’s about to get real.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:45 AM   #7973
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
I think you’re pretty much on track here. The only thing I would say differently is that maybe Z06 does match or top C7 ZR1 top speed. Corvette team typically targets beating the previous gen “next model up” in performance specs. C8 Z51 outperform C7 GS, C8 GS (if there will be one) outperform C7 Z06, C8 Z06 outperform C7 ZR1. They were able to accomplish this going from C6 to C7 with new engines, same transmission and same platform. Going from C7 to C8 we’re looking at new engines, new transmission, new platform, and a “gloves off” approach to tire and aero technology.

As far as the super cars, I can say for a fact that when I was still at GM, the competitor car fleet included Ferraris (plural), McLarens (plural) and GT2 / GT3.

$#!¥’s about to get real.
Any idea on the unveil date?
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:54 AM   #7974
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZRacerLE View Post
Any idea on the unveil date?
Officially, no. My company is forecasting sometime between 4th quarter of 2021 and 2nd quarter of 2022 for production start. Unveil can be anytime 6-9 months ahead of that. Maybe even a year. Unveils are tricking these days with no major auto shows 100% planned. Thanks COVID.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 12-04-2020, 09:10 AM   #7975
shaffe

Quote:
They make it soo easy.
they have pretty much teed everything up lately lol.

Quote:

I think you are spot on as well. This thing is going decimate all on the track and flat out fly.

The only thing I don't know about is acceleration to a certain point. We know it will put power down just fine because of two things. 1 Gm seems to have that down pat and the mid engine layout will help for sure.

But now we get to the part that has me pause just for a second. I think the Z51 might be the king of the 0-60 until a C8 ZR1 type comes out.

If all the rumors are true DOHC FPC 600HP. Those types of engines don't make low end torque, and typically don't make a ton of torque and they don't make peak torque till higher in the RPM range, all the opposite of what you want for 0-60 lol. Literally about everything on this car is set up for road course and high speed driving I have no doubts once its moving this thing will fly like a rocket and best many cars in the 1/4 but I think there is a chance the Z51 could be the 0-60 king for now.

But GM will probably prove me wrong because I have been so wrong on these types of predictions hahahaha
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 12-04-2020 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2020, 10:50 AM   #7976
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

I agree with everything here except I don't think the new Z06 will walk the GT500 at highway+ speeds. The GT500 traps 130-132 mph. I think a 600 hp C8 Z06 will trap ~128-130 mph - I think they will be a good match considering the GT500 walks away handily from the 495 hp Z51 right now and another 100 hp should close that gap. That's a better trap speed than all you mentioned except for the GT500 (and of course, the C7 ZR1 which is 134-135 mph). Audi R8 V10 plus is a similarly spec'd car to a potential C8 Z06: 610 hp, 3,684 lbs, DCT, 10.9 @ 129 mph (main difference being it's AWD).

I think the base C8 Z06 will be under $100k, considering the base C7 Z06 was quite a bit under $100k.

And no "tricks" are needed to get the GT500 into the 10s - just a decent surface, which is the same for most high hp FE RWD cars.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:05 AM   #7977
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:

I think you are spot on as well. This thing is going decimate all on the track and flat out fly.

The only thing I don't know about is acceleration to a certain point. We know it will put power down just fine because of two things. 1 Gm seems to have that down pat and the mid engine layout will help for sure.

But now we get to the part that has me pause just for a second. I think the Z51 might be the king of the 0-60 until a C8 ZR1 type comes out.

If all the rumors are true DOHC FPC 600HP. Those types of engines don't make low end torque, and typically don't make a ton of torque and they don't make peak torque till higher in the RPM range, all the opposite of what you want for 0-60 lol. Literally about everything on this car is set up for road course and high speed driving I have no doubts once its moving this thing will fly like a rocket and best many cars in the 1/4 but I think there is a chance the Z51 could be the 0-60 king for now.

But GM will probably prove me wrong because I have been so wrong on these types of predictions hahahaha
I think the Z06 will possibly beat the Z51 by by a tenth or two (i.e. 2.6-2.7 seconds 0-60). Assuming the ZR1 is AWD, it will probably be 2.1 - 2.2 seconds-ish (the 2021 911 Turbo S did 2.2 seconds per C&D).

High torque isn't needed to get a quick 0-60 time if you have the hp (hence, rpms) in order to use gearing to get there. Look at a 911 GT3 RS: Only 346 ft-lbs but 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. What matters is torque at the rear wheels, and with high hp high rev and low torque engines, you can make up for the lack of engine torque with gearing. And the Z06, while it will be several hundred pounds heavier than the GT3 RS (weighs 3,260 lbs), it will have a lot more torque, and rev nearly as high (to use a gearing advantage).

I'm thinking for a ME RWD platform, 0-60 on a street surface with summer performance tires is essentially topped out at 2.5-2.6 seconds. Heck, even the 720S and 488 Pista are "only" 2.6-2.7 seconds, and they are well over 700 hp and much lighter than the Z06 will be...but it's what happens after they hook that make them trap 144-145 mph in the 1/4. To get a quicker 0-60 than that requires drag radials, or AWD.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #7978
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:

Launch control can make that 5.5 fpc leap of the line. The ME mass distribution will aid the grip and allow launch control to get the RPMs up to a decent spot in the torque curve.

Old 12-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #7979
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
I think the Z06 will possibly beat the Z51 by by a tenth or two (i.e. 2.6-2.7 seconds 0-60). Assuming the ZR1 is AWD, it will probably be 2.1 - 2.2 seconds-ish (the 2021 911 Turbo S did 2.2 seconds per C&D).

High torque isn't needed to get a quick 0-60 time if you have the hp (hence, rpms) in order to use gearing to get there. Look at a 911 GT3 RS: Only 346 ft-lbs but 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. What matters is torque at the rear wheels, and with high hp high rev and low torque engines, you can make up for the lack of engine torque with gearing. And the Z06, while it will be several hundred pounds heavier than the GT3 RS (weighs 3,260 lbs), it will have a lot more torque, and rev nearly as high (to use a gearing advantage).

I'm thinking for a ME RWD platform, 0-60 on a street surface with summer performance tires is essentially topped out at 2.5-2.6 seconds. Heck, even the 720S and 488 Pista are "only" 2.6-2.7 seconds, and they are well over 700 hp and much lighter than the Z06 will be...but it's what happens after they hook that make them trap 144-145 mph in the 1/4. To get a quicker 0-60 than that requires drag radials, or AWD.
True, I was just looking at other mid engine NA FPC cars to see what they were around in the 0-60 range. Closest I found for a quick comparison was the Ferrari 458, which made 570HP at 9k and I think it was 390 lb/ft of torque at 6K rpm. Weighs 3400 pounds and is also hooked to a 7 speed DCT. Had 0-60 in the low 3s.

Quote:
Launch control can make that 5.5 fpc leap of the line. The ME mass distribution will aid the grip and allow launch control to get the RPMs up to a decent spot in the torque curve.
Then there is this answer which makes total sense and makes me want to be quiet now lol.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:31 PM   #7980
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
And no "tricks" are needed to get the GT500 into the 10s - just a decent surface, which is the same for most high hp FE RWD cars.
Except for the fact that nobody but an internet dramaboy was able to do it initially and that was on a private session with a fully prepped track and who knows what else. During the launch they were running mid 11s. I'm not going to get into all this again. But under normal track settings the GT500 is not breaking into the 10s. It takes special techniques and tricks to get into the 10s. Kinda like how nobody could get the 18 GT into the 11s until that one company did an entire special track day and used every trick he could think of. And I'm not taking anything away from it. It is a fast car. But it is not a consistent everyday 10 sec car. It is a low to mid 11 sec car consistently at best on the norm.