Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-11-2020, 06:38 PM   #15
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
If you want to do your own oil changes for peace of mind, why would you care about saving money on ONE free oil change?

When I bought my Gen5 is 2010, there were two free oil changes for all GM cars. Thanks but no thanks.

I took them up on my SUV, but no thanks on the Camaro. The only time the dealer changed its oil was during the AFM lifter replacement, and that was done by the engine guy, not the oil change kid.
Generally, I don't need the dealer for maintenance on this car. They are going to have to check some things out, though, so I was thinking that I'd have them tackle everything all together. I don't have an issue with them working on my car, I just don't necessarily need them to.

I decided that I'm holding off on having them do anything at all right now. I'll do the oil and diff myself in the next couple of days. Sometime later in the year, I'll have them did into the things I need them to check and maybe have then do the oil and wheels then.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote