Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #43
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 affair View Post
I also used a uhaul auto transport to pick up my 2020 ZL1. Spacers in the coils and one 2x8 under the front wheels gave me plenty of clearance for the front of the car. While loading the car I had the rear wheels of the truck on my service ramps and 2x8 boards to limit the ramp angle going up the trailer.
Your photos in other threads were helpful. Since this is "just" a 2SS, there wasn't an option for the spacers and I just went with double-stacked 2x's. Like you, I drove the rear wheels of the truck up onto doubled 2x's as well to help with overall angle between the ramps and the trailer deck, plus I slid an extra 2x under the start of the ramp.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #44
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
You're welcome to come help with the garage.

It has been a work in progress for the last couple of months. The last week or so was a LOT more intensive to throw out all kinds of accumulated stuff because I knew I needed the room for the car. It will continue getting cleaned as time passes...

The only thing that's a tad on the "disappointing side" of the whole experience is that this car has been sitting on their lot for 9 months-ish as it has a August 2019 build date. I would liked to have been able to have either gotten a better deal on it or gotten one built more recently. But, it's done and I'm happy overall.

And, yes, they do have basically the same car with an auto. Not interested in that at all, especially with the heavy uplift of cost to get it. Knowing that this car is the only one like it that had been sitting on a lot is why I was keeping quiet until I actually took delivery. I didn't want to someone to offer full MSRP and steal it out from under me.

I haven't seen rain like that in at least five years... Wow.
Don’t be concerned over the lot time...awesome car and great find. I didn’t say anything here (about the car) as I sensed you were concerned someone else would scoop up. Although, I seriously considered stopping by the dealership and slipping the Sales Manager a $50 spot to put a sign on it Saturday morning that said “sold to Chutzpah”. Of course, that would have been in all in good fun, for me
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 09:28 PM   #45
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
Don’t be concerned over the lot time...awesome car and great find. I didn’t say anything here (about the car) as I sensed you were concerned someone else would scoop up. Although, I seriously considered stopping by the dealership and slipping the Sales Manager a $50 spot to put a sign on it Saturday morning that said “sold to Chutzpah”. Of course, that would have been in all in good fun, for me
I'm not really concerned about the lot time, I was just hoping they would have been a bit more motivated to sell it and would have cut me a slightly better deal on it.

Yeah, you were spot on. This car is pretty much one-of-a-kind. There's another similar one in CT with Jet Black interior, no Mag Ride, WITH NPP, but it also has the microfiber wheel. They have on with mag ride, too, but it also has Recaro's and the wrapped wheel and no NPP. They order their cars weird.

While I can imagine the giant grin it would have put on your face to get them to mark the car "sold", I honestly don't know if they would have done it. My initial contact with them was NOT good. So bad, in fact, I wrote to the general manager to let him know of the horrid experience I had. He looped in the Sales Manager, apologized, and expressed that they would be happy to do their best to work with me if I were still interested. I had a lengthy phone conversation the next day with the Sales Manager and he was quite impressive with his attitude that they mishandled it from the start and that dealerships needed to change how they engage digital buyers.

From that point forward, they have been really great to work with.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote