Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-11-2017, 09:02 AM   #29
Wildhammer

Drives: 2017 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryssm View Post
My dealer quoted $120 for install/flash. Advisor stated they wouldn't be able to warranty the part if not purchased from their dealership.

That's against GM Policy.
Wildhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:49 PM   #30
bishopski

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT | 3.6L V6 | A/T
Installed today by my local dealership but purchased from ThatGMPartsGuy.com

The shop did a little bait and switch on the quoted price of $92. They claim they had to wait on the phone for the programming. Who knows. For an extra $50 I know the warranty is still in place and the install is covered by the dealership for 12 months. Plus, they wont look at all crazy when I show up for an oil change with some silly looking box with GT in bold letters. This was the first time they had seen the intake so they all was asking where I ordered it. They didnt care who it was from cause it has a GM part number and paperwork.
Attached Images

Old 01-11-2017, 08:31 PM   #31
PhillyGuy15

Drives: 2016 V6 1LT RS NPP NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopski View Post

The shop did a little bait and switch on the quoted price of $92. They claim they had to wait on the phone for the programming. Who knows. For an extra $50 I know the warranty is still in place and the install is covered by the dealership for 12 months. Plus, they wont look at all crazy when I show up for an oil change with some silly looking box with GT in bold letters. This was the first time they had seen the intake so they all was asking where I ordered it. They didnt care who it was from cause it has a GM part number and paperwork.
Nice!! Did you notice any immediate impact from the CAI + tune?
PhillyGuy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:17 PM   #32
bishopski

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGuy15 View Post
Nice!! Did you notice any immediate impact from the CAI + tune?
Didnt have much time to play but the sound is there. Oddly, is mostly at 3000rpm and up. I will play more and report back!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #33
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSFATONOVICH View Post
The GM Tune is simply to not through codes right? We aren't talking about a performance upgrade are we? If so, how much in HP gains? Thanks.
Don't know about the V6, but I have used the V8 version of the GM Performance intake (the actual company is Cold Air Inductions) for 7 months prior to getting a tune with no issues.

Not sure who makes the V6 version, but the pic in the OP's post kinda looks like a Rotofab.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #34
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopski View Post

Thanks for the update let us know what your thoughts are after some driving.
Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:40 AM   #35
StlCamaroGuy

Drives: 2016 V6
Just had mine installed and flashed last friday for $129... I noticed a little gain... and sound.
StlCamaroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:22 PM   #36
bishopski

I agree. There is a little gain. The sound is much better but I expected more on the low end. I do like the blown sound when high rev shifts go down. Thats a sweet sound!
Old 01-16-2017, 11:18 PM   #37
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
Do you guys think the prices on these will drop a bit soon? I'm waiting on some kind of sale or deal before I buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #38
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCamaro7 View Post
Do you guys think the prices on these will drop a bit soon? I'm waiting on some kind of sale or deal before I buy.

I havent seen any OEM sales since launch. I could be wrong I dont actively check.
vet757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #39
bishopski

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCamaro7 View Post

Things like this dont really move much on price. I have been looking for a CAI for my 2004 Ford F150 for 6 months now. They are still about the same as they were when I bought the truck in 2003.

Used ones save you money but you have to wait and hope to find a complete item from a good seller.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #40
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
Looking to get this same CAI from GM for my 2019 V6 but the only the thing holding me back is not knowing what the horsepower gains are going to be. You would think GM would post the numbers like Cold Air Induction and K& N to verify the power gained.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:13 PM   #41
mvp88

Drives: 16 2LT/RS Hy-Blue/manual/NPP/6PBrem
Ok guys sorry I'm just seeing this thread. I have the GMPP cai on my 2016 which I bought directly from SHOPCHEVYPARTS.com for $374 shipped 2years ago. This product is made by GM performance division, and here's the sweet part, the ECU flash is included in the price of the part regardless of what you paid for it. there is a labor code that comes with each one for the dealership to charge the labor to. it's not up to them. that said the you aren't going to see much change in performance with the flash tune. a little better low end response and some more growl is about it. it does look good in the engine bay though! Now once you get a true tune(Overkill is the way to go btw) then you'll be smiling about the intake tune combo. dropped just over 1/2 a second in 1/4 mile times at Camarofest last year!
mvp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 05:41 PM   #42
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp88 View Post
Ok guys sorry I'm just seeing this thread. I have the GMPP cai on my 2016 which I bought directly from SHOPCHEVYPARTS.com for $374 shipped 2years ago. This product is made by GM performance division, and here's the sweet part, the ECU flash is included in the price of the part regardless of what you paid for it. there is a labor code that comes with each one for the dealership to charge the labor to. it's not up to them. that said the you aren't going to see much change in performance with the flash tune. a little better low end response and some more growl is about it. it does look good in the engine bay though! Now once you get a true tune(Overkill is the way to go btw) then you'll be smiling about the intake tune combo. dropped just over 1/2 a second in 1/4 mile times at Camarofest last year!
What ET and MPH are you running now vs before?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote