Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #1
Donrican

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Dodge Demon Vs Hennessy Excorcist

The cars aren't out but there is much to discuss.

Question: Will the Exorcists larger rear wheels have an advantage to the smaller wheeled Demon? This is an assumption drawn on present wheel well space.

Question: Will the Demon be a Dodge COPO? I read where the only seat will be the drivers seat and only one passenger seat is an option.

Question: The Exorcist has less weight than a Demon. Does that make it a done deal? Did they already lose?

Question: Will Chevy create its own Demon killer? Hennessy is a third party while Dodge is producing the Demon themselves.

Question: Is the COPO already a Demon Slayer?
Donrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:32 AM   #2
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Actually if the demon is a low ten after basically being a drag car with turn signals it's only a few tenths quicker than a stock Z06 perfect run.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:38 AM   #3
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
COPO is not a competitor to the Demon.... considering that you can drive the Demon on the street. The Challenger drag pack is the competitor since they are not street legal drag cars.

The Hennessy will probably be missing parts if it ever gets delivered and will not be able to replicate anything they claim it will. Again it's also an aftermarket anyone can do the same to the Demon and then what? Just like they did with the Hellcat.

Factory to factory there is no car that is built to meet the same goals as the Demon. I'm not sure why people on here even care? According to a majority of posting they don't care because it can't turn and that's all that matters.

I'm interested to see the full breakdown of this car. I would never buy it, but love the fact that they are making it.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
96MrBass

There have been at least 2 Copo's that have been made into street legal car's not sure what that cost lol.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:21 AM   #5
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
There have been at least 2 Copo's that have been made into street legal car's not sure what that cost lol.
At the costs involved you are better off buying an SS and building it your way. Still would be cool to pull up to one at a stop light.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #6
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
Not sure how you make a car that can't be titled street legal. They don't even have VIN numbers I believe. Maybe some states have a loophole that would allow you to drive it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #7
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Question: Will the Exorcists larger rear wheels have an advantage to the smaller wheeled Demon? This is an assumption drawn on present wheel well space. - No

Question: Will the Demon be a Dodge COPO? I read where the only seat will be the drivers seat and only one passenger seat is an option. - No

Question: The Exorcist has less weight than a Demon. Does that make it a done deal? Did they already lose? - No

Question: Will Chevy create its own Demon killer? Hennessy is a third party while Dodge is producing the Demon themselves. - No

Question: Is the COPO already a Demon Slayer? - No

...................... NO to all questions!!!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:05 PM   #8
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
COPO is not a competitor to the Demon.... considering that you can drive the Demon on the street. The Challenger drag pack is the competitor since they are not street legal drag cars.
Much of what constitutes the Demon makes it a questionable street car. The tires and PCM are not street legal and do not come on the car. Passenger seat delete. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Factory to factory there is no car that is built to meet the same goals as the Demon. I'm not sure why people on here even care? According to a majority of posting they don't care because it can't turn and that's all that matters.

I'm interested to see the full breakdown of this car. I would never buy it, but love the fact that they are making it.
I think you are correct that must people here don't care. It's a curiosity so I'm interested in the details but a ZL1 is a much more well rounded and capable car. The triple threat thing. The Demon is an oddity and the Hellcat is a poor value in comparison. Just my opinion.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:28 AM   #9
96MrBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Question: Will the Exorcists larger rear wheels have an advantage to the smaller wheeled Demon? This is an assumption drawn on present wheel well space. - No

Question: Will the Demon be a Dodge COPO? I read where the only seat will be the drivers seat and only one passenger seat is an option. - No

Question: The Exorcist has less weight than a Demon. Does that make it a done deal? Did they already lose? - No

Question: Will Chevy create its own Demon killer? Hennessy is a third party while Dodge is producing the Demon themselves. - No

Question: Is the COPO already a Demon Slayer? - No

...................... NO to all questions!!!
But can they do it YES will they
Old 04-09-2017, 06:30 AM   #10
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
The Demon is an oddity and the Hellcat is a poor value in comparison. Just my opinion.
Really tell me this when the 20% discount is applied to the ZL1 at the end of this year. To this point ZL1 sales are marginal at best, while the Hellcats introduction Dodge had to increase production several times. to keep up with demand.

Also lets see who the public flocks too at the local auto meet when a ZL1 pulls in the parking area and a Demon Challenger pulls in, the ZL1 driver may want to bring a book to read.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:35 AM   #11
96MrBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Not sure how you make a car that can't be titled street legal. They don't even have VIN numbers I believe. Maybe some states have a loophole that would allow you to drive it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
There's a few YouTube videos of what the owner did pretty cool actually. One was also on eBay for sale. I'm wondering what the demon will msrp for?
Old 04-09-2017, 06:42 AM   #12
96MrBass

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Really tell me this when the 20% discount is applied to the ZL1 at the end of this year. To this point ZL1 sales are marginal at best, while the Hellcats introduction Dodge had to increase production several times. to keep up with demand.

Also lets see who the public flocks too at the local auto meet when a ZL1 pulls in the parking area and a Demon Challenger pulls in, the ZL1 driver may want to bring a book to read.
Two totally different cars one that's definitely going to be more rare so yeah probably. If anyone is interested in getting a new Hellcat there is a dealership in DE with 4 new one's. Sitting
Old 04-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #13
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
To me this is an apples to oranges comparison. The Demon is a street car coming straight from the manufacturer. The "Exorcist" is from a tuner and the name, while being on the "good" side against a demon, sounds kind of silly. Remember the exorcist does not always win. So wait for the Demon to visit a tuner, then compare. Hennesy will probably call that Demon version the anti-christ.

All of these car are useless on the street anyway. But fun to know they exist. I don't want either unless I could afford one as just something to run at the drag strip.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:58 AM   #14
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post

Tell you what? That the more capable, triple threat ZL1 is a even better value?

Hellcat A8 MSRP $68,280
ZL1 A10 MSRP $65,830

The Demon is an oddity that will go down in history as the most extreme factory drag car ever built. It is questionable as a street car, and probably has no business being there, and isn't street legal with the crate installed. It will appeal to a different buyer.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote