Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-06-2017, 10:10 PM   #15
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
This roll racing completely eliminates how the cars get out of the hole. I don't like it
Old 04-06-2017, 11:57 PM   #16
Joecooly

Drives: 17 Black ZL1 A10
I personally think given equal drivers, our A10's will sqaush the hellcats from a dig. The hellcat is too heavy and hard to launch. I think roll races take out the driver skills to a certain degree and shows a totally different aspect of a race. Both types of races are important but very different. Great quarter mile times really come down to 60 foot times. I would like to see a video with the same cars from the hole.
Joecooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:06 AM   #17
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooly View Post
I personally think given equal drivers, our A10's will sqaush the hellcats from a dig. The hellcat is too heavy and hard to launch. I think roll races take out the driver skills to a certain degree and shows a totally different aspect of a race. Both types of races are important but very different. Great quarter mile times really come down to 60 foot times. I would like to see a video with the same cars from the hole.
Let's meet up and give the members what they want to see.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:20 AM   #18
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
No a Hellcat with a similar set up or a Zl1 with a drag pack. I just haven't had the opportunity to run against one. I've not seen one at the track. Just bull shitting on the other stuff.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:44 AM   #19
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
Motortrend will give us this match up in a head to head eventually if it's not already in the works. It's the most highly anticipated faceoff there is right now.
The problem with that Head 2 Head is the Challenger won't be able to compete on the track portion. A three way with a Hellcat and GT350R would be sweet.

I'm looking forward to whatever H2H and even started a subscription to on demand ~6 months ago because so much good product is coming out from all manufacturers. In my opinion, there has been very little meaningful comparisons between Camaro, Mustang and Dodge since gen6 arrived.

This roll race looked pretty equal and that's what I expected. Running with a HC at the drags and a GT350R or gen5 Z/28 at the track is the accomplishment

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:11 AM   #20
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I would love to see that. I think from a dig ( both automatics and 100% stock vs 100% stock) the ZL1 may have a slight advantage due to lower weight and larger stock tire size but I still firmly believe by the big end it will be a driver's race.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:19 AM   #21
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
https://youtu.be/w0nhFYhR3fc
Old 04-07-2017, 07:35 AM   #22
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
This roll racing completely eliminates how the cars get out of the hole. I don't like it
If it were part of all round testing, from a dig, roll, and road race that would be a nice comparison.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #23
speedyman
Account Suspended

Drives: ATS4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecooly View Post
Exactly. 1/4 mile times are the bible for the guys who memorize the auto press road test pages and are really all about what happens in that 60 ft zone. Trap MPH is a profoundly better barometer of what one will experience in the real world behind the wheel of the tested vehicle. E.T. and peak HP have been adopted by the bench racers as their to be all, end all of ultimate metrics when Torque and trap MPH is what really tells the truth.
speedyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 11:12 AM   #24
Squatch
Camaro pilot

Drives: 69 Camaro, 2014 ZL1
Roll racing is the new thing that most younger guys are doing. You meet a car on the road, You cant exactly stop and drag race in the street, so you line up even speed and honk 3 times and hit it...I'm not fond of it, but its convenient type of racing on the street. just look at any 1320 Videos, most are roll racing. He is catering to this.
Old 04-07-2017, 11:49 AM   #25
Joecooly

Drives: 17 Black ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post

Lets do it. I'm down with that. Car is in break in period now but I think it would be a blast.
Fast Fridays in Ennis Texas.
Love me some hell kitty for lunch
Joecooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #26
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
Roll racing is the new thing that most younger guys are doing. You meet a car on the road, You cant exactly stop and drag race in the street, so you line up even speed and honk 3 times and hit it...I'm not fond of it, but its convenient type of racing on the street. just look at any 1320 Videos, most are roll racing. He is catering to this.
Yeah I don't see how it's worth all of the hate..Sure a dig race is the end all be all, but a dig race tends to focus on the driver and the tire, which is good and bad...Good because a skilled driver can out do a high HP car, bad because THERE'S NEARLY NEVER a perfect drag race and comment sections are full of "Ford beat that ass" when the driver in the Camaro was just trash.

The highway style 3 honk race is great for it's purposes, here and now. It also depends much more on the speed of the car, and it's a LOT easier to tell which car is actually faster instead of which driver is faster. Roll racing also breaks a LOT less parts.

I know a majority of guys here are from the "good ol' days where we raced dad's 409 down the line" so I'll likely be met with a shit storm now.

Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #27
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Yeah I don't see how it's worth all of the hate..Sure a dig race is the end all be all, but a dig race tends to focus on the driver and the tire, which is good and bad...Good because a skilled driver can out do a high HP car, bad because THERE'S NEARLY NEVER a perfect drag race and comment sections are full of "Ford beat that ass" when the driver in the Camaro was just trash.

The highway style 3 honk race is great for it's purposes, here and now. It also depends much more on the speed of the car, and it's a LOT easier to tell which car is actually faster instead of which driver is faster. Roll racing also breaks a LOT less parts.

I know a majority of guys here are from the "good ol' days where we raced dad's 409 down the line" so I'll likely be met with a shit storm now.

Or, in another universe, roll racing is for the guys that can't launch their car.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #28
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
But a race should have the driver variable, don't you think? If there is no driver factor we may as well have driverless cars out there. And there's never really a perfect roll race either - often the driver who beeps the horn gets the jump.

And, you see 'Ford beat that ass' type comments from every make out there including these forums. Those comments are worthless IMO because there are way too many variables in street racing regardless the type.

Quote:

I agree - a roll race can show you which car has more ass/HP - unless one of the drivers is a doofus for a shifter. But it is a lot easier to get a roll race than one from a dig for the reasons you said. I definitely get it.

And especially your comment about breaking less parts from the roll - I agree.

Either race has a lot of variables especially on the street. Take them to the track and settle it with hard data.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote