Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #43
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I have owned both too, but if you can get a used ZL1 for a good price I would say get the ZL1.��
Old 01-28-2020, 02:56 PM   #44
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Experience tells me--buy the car that you are going to get the most use out of. There is nothing worse than a car that has tons more capability than you ever use. OP never told us how he plans to use the car. To give good advice, we really need to know, OP, what is your planned use for the car? What, realistically, are you going to do with it? If its just a fun weekend car and the occasional road trip, then why the 1LE package? Just get an SS! Or just get a 2.0T or V6! They're both awesome too.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:42 PM   #45
danno1

Drives: None at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
Experience tells me--buy the car that you are going to get the most use out of. There is nothing worse than a car that has tons more capability than you ever use. OP never told us how he plans to use the car. To give good advice, we really need to know, OP, what is your planned use for the car? What, realistically, are you going to do with it? If its just a fun weekend car and the occasional road trip, then why the 1LE package? Just get an SS! Or just get a 2.0T or V6! They're both awesome too.
OK. Here is my actions. I live in CT. So we do get winters here. Oddly, so far not this year (knock on wood!) so I wouldn't be using it in snow. I do have an 04 Armada that hopefully still holds up for inclement weather. Or even with wet roads.

Secondly, I work about 5 miles away, so I would't be putting much miles on it.
Even if I get a "vehicle" with average per year miles on it in a few years it would still have low miles.

I don't know about tracking it. Have Limerock Raceway about an hour away. I might try it to see though.

I usually "over buy" buying a vehicle if I can, just feel I have one the best out there.

Maybe that last statement sounds a bit, selfish, greedy? Not sure what to call it. I know I would be just plain anal with the car.

Heck, I actually redesigned my garage into one of these "custom" garages with the Race Deck flooring, custom cabinets, wall panels with "old" gas station and Chevy metal signs on the walls just for the new toy i'm looking to get!
danno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 06:54 PM   #46
LT4Greg

danno, get the Camaro that you want and will enjoy owning and driving. That’s my best advice to you!��
Old 01-29-2020, 04:30 AM   #47
danno1

Drives: None at this time
I'm also going to be 62. So, is this because I haven't had a car in 20 years, or mid life crisis!
danno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:38 AM   #48
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The ZL1, hands down, at the same price, is the better deal. Whether the SLE is new and the ZL1 is used is of no matter. The ZL1 is the better of the two. And it will hold much more value.

Drive both cars and you will feel a night and day difference. An extra 200 HP is nothing to scoff at. If I were you then I wouldn't even consider anything else. Plus you'll get the remainder of the warranty if buying used anyway. Or just purchase an aftermarket warranty. But I would not let that deter me.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 06:29 AM   #49
LT4Greg

danno, I too will be 62 in March and why not treat yourself to a ZL1! You only live once and you might as well get what you want in a Camaro. That was my feeling last year when I bought my used ZL1 a few weeks before my 61st birthday and I figured I would never see one with less than 500 miles for the price I paid!��