#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-08-2022, 09:09 PM   #29
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
Changing the settings not the same as the ZL1? Do you still have to go into the settings then drive mode to change suspension, exhaust and steering?

It's been changed. At least on the Blackwing, It's now two different selections. There is a rocker switch on the bottom right of the steering wheel for PTM.

And a nice, 'V-mode' button which is user-configurable for drive mode and PTM settings.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 09:13 PM   #30
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
throttle mapping is most aggressive in track definitely not tour/sport.

Pull your OEM tune and look at the throttle tip in tables. They ramp far faster in Tour/Sport than in Track. Track has a much more linear ramp rate.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 02:53 AM   #31
Mac7504

Drives: 2003 Monte Carlo SS SLP, 2022 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
Pull your OEM tune and look at the throttle tip in tables. They ramp far faster in Tour/Sport than in Track. Track has a much more linear ramp rate.
You pull it and post, I'd like to see this. Thanks
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:14 AM   #32
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Quote:
throttle "tip in" (in my understanding) is only the initial throttle application and not the entire scale/sweep. Overall, I feel the throttle is most aggressive through the entire sweep in track. I suppose GM made throttle modulation a little less touchy there for smoother throttle while on track. I will look at my tables and thanks for clarification.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 12:20 PM   #33
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
It's been changed. At least on the Blackwing, It's now two different selections. There is a rocker switch on the bottom right of the steering wheel for PTM.

And a nice, 'V-mode' button which is user-configurable for drive mode and PTM settings.
I just saw it. That is more user friendly with the V mode button so you can go back to the 1 setting you want.

GM couldn't do it with the Camaro since there are buttons already there behind the steering wheel.

They could have by either getting rid of those buttons or (my preference) get rid of the heated steering wheel and where the button is for it to put a track mode button there. Then we could have had a customizable track button.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 04:00 PM   #34
Crushed 1LE

Drives: 2022 ZL1(FEA suspension) Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
the default in the infotainment screen sets the steering effort and exhaust no matter which PTM is selected. PTM has nothing to do with it. the mode selector or the selection on that screen is all that matters. throttle mapping is most aggressive in track definitely not tour/sport. the only reason the steering effort could change in a PTM mode is because you first have to select "track".
However, if you have the the steering effort selected in the infotainment screen it will not change from that. it is the same in this 2021 ZLE and my previous 2017 ZL1.
I disagree. REGARDLESS of what steering setting is shown on the display, as soon as you activate PTM, the steering effort level defaults and remains in the setting with the most resistance (assumably 'track'). This remains regardless of what calibration is selected within PTM - dry, sport1, race etc). The screen still shows that I'm in tour, but it's not. It makes no difference what you select on the screen WHEN IN PTM.

You have to do this at speed (not sure what speed it is activated), but if you are standing still, or at carpark speeds it appears to feel like 'tour'
Crushed 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 05:27 PM   #35
Vigilante375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushed 1LE View Post
I disagree. REGARDLESS of what steering setting is shown on the display, as soon as you activate PTM, the steering effort level defaults and remains in the setting with the most resistance (assumably 'track'). This remains regardless of what calibration is selected within PTM - dry, sport1, race etc). The screen still shows that I'm in tour, but it's not. It makes no difference what you select on the screen WHEN IN PTM.

You have to do this at speed (not sure what speed it is activated), but if you are standing still, or at carpark speeds it appears to feel like 'tour'
As I mentioned, I did this in all PTM modes while driving and with the drive settings screen open earlier this week.

I changed the steering from tour to sport to track and back while driving at 55 mph. The steering changed accordingly (because I moved the car from lane to lane with some effort).

I also did this with the suspension and I could feel it change since the roads were bumpy.

Maybe the ZL1 1LE is different but I don't see why but GM did change up the eLSD and trans calibration so maybe they did.
Old 07-09-2022, 07:05 PM   #36
Crushed 1LE

Not trying to be a dick, but when you say PTM modes, you are actually referring to double tapping the traction control button twice while in 'Track' mode right? I just am having a hard time with your findings, as are other guys who drive at the same track as me.

Just to confirm....
1. Select TRACK mode on center console
2. Select 'tour' on steering effort
3. Double tap the traction button on center console and activate PTM (dash display shows various options).
4. Steering will be automatically set to the heaviest setting.
Old 07-09-2022, 07:27 PM   #37
Vigilante375

Quote:
Not trying to be a dick, but when you say PTM modes, you are actually referring to double tapping the traction control button twice while in 'Track' mode right? I just am having a hard time with your findings, as are other guys who drive at the same track as me.

Just to confirm....
1. Select TRACK mode on center console
2. Select 'tour' on steering effort
3. Double tap the traction button on center console and activate PTM (dash display shows various options).
4. Steering will be automatically set to the heaviest setting.
Not comp mode, performance traction management by doubling tapping the traction control button while in track mode then selecting which setting on the driver information center.

I understand you're questioning but I literally did this the day I had to go for an hour drive somewhere.

As I said. I entered all PTMs doing this....

Open drive settings on infotainment screen to steering and verify its on tour
Select track on mode selector
Double tap traction control
Select PTM 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 with mode switch on center console
Press ok on steering wheel
Verify that traction control icon appears and cruise control icon disappears
Test steering input
Yup, it's in tour
Change to sport
Yup, it's in sport
Change to track
Yup, it's in track

Then do the same for the suspension.

Again, all done while going 55 mph and changing lanes for the steering input or feeling the road for the suspension input.

I had PDR going but I know it doesn't show selected steering input nor suspension settings but I'll look at it later.

Comp mode acts the same way too.
Old 07-09-2022, 07:44 PM   #38
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
I only have a sample size of two cars but both a standard 2017 ZL1 and a 2021 ZL1 1LE behave exactly the same. My two cars behave just like Vigilante375's which I believe is GM's intended programming. No idea why there would be any deviation unless the Canadian thing makes a difference. My quest is solely for accurate information here.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 08:58 PM   #39
vampire

Drives: '19 M2C / '19 ZL1
Quote:
I disagree. REGARDLESS of what steering setting is shown on the display, as soon as you activate PTM, the steering effort level defaults...
Same with my '19 zl1.
vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 10:48 AM   #40
Crushed 1LE

I just noticed one step that I am not doing....

Pressing OK on the steering wheel. Shit, could this be the hidden gem I've been looking for? I'll try later today.
Old 07-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #41
Vigilante375

Quote:
I just noticed one step that I am not doing....

Pressing OK on the steering wheel. Shit, could this be the hidden gem I've been looking for? I'll try later today.
I always pressed ok on the steering wheel but I think once you made your selection on the screen, after a few seconds it'll auto select that mode you had selected. I think.
Old 07-10-2022, 04:23 PM   #42
Crushed 1LE

Well. I give up. No steering love here. PTM = track steering resistance in my world regardless of what I do.

What can I say?