Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-16-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
Camaro SS Mike

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Smile 2017 Camaro 1SS seat upgrade to 2SS

Hi I am new to the Forum. I was wondering if anybody had any experience doing a seat upgrade. I have a 2017 Camaro 1SS with cloth interior. I have an available 2SS leather interior to put in my car. Of course the plugs to the seat lineup but there is more pins in the 2SS plug obviously because the 2SS seats are cooled,and heated seats,not to mention memory seats. My 1SS seats obviously are just power only.I already know about how to take the seats out and seatbelts. So I took both driver seats out of the car and when I put my 1SS clothe seat in the 2SS the Power seat worked fine but when I put the 2SS leather seat in my 1SS they didn’t work at all. In hindsight I realize that was stupid to do the swap without considering the airbags as in what if the airbags activated if the pins were not aligned right! Anyway, I’m thinking I could rearrange the wire Pins within the plug to align and make at least the power portion of the 2ss leather seats work. Obviously without installing switches and wiring on the 1SS I will be unable to use the cooled and heated seats but I don’t care about that I just want the leather seats to at least have power. Does anybody know of anyone that has custom seat harnesses for this swap or do I have to custom do it myself? I really would like to reuse the plugs and existing wires as opposed to getting new ones from the Chevrolet parts department. I found a few wiring diagrams of the seat but not one that shows the individual wires and pins going into the plug. Anybody’s input would sure be helpful, and very appreciated, thanks Mike
Camaro SS Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:28 PM   #2
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Don’t try to do this. They’re not compatible and you’ll just fark your car up beyond repair if you try to mess with the wiring/pins/harness. Might cook your ECM too. Pin configurations are different.

Don’t be surprised or upset if you’ve already done damage to something.

There’s more to it than just the heat/cool switches. On the 2SS They go through the ECM because you can have them come on when you remote start the car. Also the driver’s seat has memory. Memory position is triggered by the ECM as well. The 1SS and 2SS have different ECMs.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 04:02 PM   #3
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I’d take the seats to an auto upholstery shop and have them put the leather seat covers on your original seats.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #4
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Don’t try to do this. They’re not compatible and you’ll just fark your car up beyond repair if you try to mess with the wiring/pins/harness. Might cook your ECM too. Pin configurations are different.

Don’t be surprised or upset if you’ve already done damage to something.

There’s more to it than just the heat/cool switches. On the 2SS They go through the ECM because you can have them come on when you remote start the car. Also the driver’s seat has memory. Memory position is triggered by the ECM as well. The 1SS and 2SS have different ECMs.

The ECM and TCM are exactly the same for the 1ss and 2ss. The BCM controls the seat functions along with some modules on the seats.

It is possible to repin the connectors, but it will take some time and you will need a pin out for the harness to do it.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote