Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #15
TedJS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
You can also get a Mobile One upgrade when getting your oil changed. Highly recommended and the cost is minimal.
Attached Images

TedJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:48 PM   #16
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
[QUOTE=Pi kappa alpha;10220977]It is a inconvenience for a customer to waltz in the dealership and demand only a specific tech work on their car. All the techs are trained and know what they're doing. I just don't see why you think you deserve special treatment (hence the snooty comment)? Your camaro is just like all the other thousands of 1SS's produced in 2017. As you said, their always is that "one guy" and that would be you thinking your camaro is "special" enough to pick and choose who touches it.[/QUOTE

You seem to really care about what I do when I go to have service done on my ride, so I’ll elaborate, even though nobody else probably cares. lol First of all, I call about a week in advance and ask if “Frank” will be around to handle my appt, when I bring my car in on said day. I then call the day I’m heading there, seeing as it’s a 25 minute drive, to make sure he is actually around and available. So, most of the work and effort is on my part. I, actually, can’t believe I’m engaging you in this conversation, as you seem to be a petty person. So, I’m all done with the back and forth on this, seeing as it’s derailed this thread from being a “positive dealer and tech experience” thread.

My feeling is this:

I love my ride and want it to stay in great shape the whole time I own it. There’s nothing worse than leaving a car service appt and having a scratched, dented, dirty, sloppy vehicle that was caused from that visit. I’ve had it happen a few too many times in the past (mostly Jeep dealer service). Sure, it’s warrantied or insurance covered, but it’s time and money to have to deal with a new issue. If I’m a tech at a dealership, being a car guy that is an enthusiast of sports cars, I would treat each one as I’d like mine treated. So, I will continue to use a tech that seems to be a car guy, with great work ethic.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #17
JoeCamaro444

BTW:

To everyone that has contributed helpful information, or a good dealer service experience, thank you and keep them coming.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #18
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedJS View Post
You can also get a Mobile One upgrade when getting your oil changed. Highly recommended and the cost is minimal.
I thought about that, but decided that as long as they used fully synthetic and not blended oil, I was cool with what they now use. I used to live on Mobil 1 in my 06 GTO and 2010 SS, so I know that is some quality stuff for sure. I may go back to it on my next Camaro in 2-3 years.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #19
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiakk View Post
I Love my Dealer, They have always treated me very well and jumped through hoops to get me what I wanted. One experience left a problem though. I took my car in for tire swap as I drive mine year round and was having winter rims and ice tires installed. Complimentary I might add( tires and custom rims to go with my car.) All went well and they stored them for the winter. Come spring I was ready and went to pick them up as I will be doing my own tire swaps from now on, much to my chagrin, all 4 rims were scratched all to hell. Needless to say I was not happy at all. They polished them and when I went back to get them they were shiny but upon inspection I was not happy yet. They said I was too fussy and what followed was a breakdown in trust and friendship. Fast forward to 3 days ago, my new rims have arrived compliments of the dealer and as they don't want to risk damaging them on tire mount they agreed to pay to have Fountain Tire do the work for me. They also suggested I drive on my originals for the summer and when I swap again in the fall just bring the cores back when I can. We both agreed to work on doing work at an acceptable level for both of us. Friendship rebuilding and working relationship on the mend. My Dealer is McLleland Wheaton in Alberta and I stand by them.
I’m glad it worked out in the end, but quality dealership service work goes a long way. I’ve had similar experiences in the past, mostly with my Jeeps, but I’ve “knock on wood” had good experiences with my GM service centers for my 98 Z28 back at Tom Chevy in Norwood, my 06 GTO at Bezema (both are now gone or changed), and now at Balise. 👍🏻
Old 06-17-2018, 07:58 PM   #20
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
[QUOTE=JoeCamaro444;10221009]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
It is a inconvenience for a customer to waltz in the dealership and demand only a specific tech work on their car. All the techs are trained and know what they're doing. I just don't see why you think you deserve special treatment (hence the snooty comment)? Your camaro is just like all the other thousands of 1SS's produced in 2017. As you said, their always is that "one guy" and that would be you thinking your camaro is "special" enough to pick and choose who touches it.[/QUOTE

You seem to really care about what I do when I go to have service done on my ride, so I’ll elaborate, even though nobody else probably cares. lol First of all, I call about a week in advance and ask if “Frank” will be around to handle my appt, when I bring my car in on said day. I then call the day I’m heading there, seeing as it’s a 25 minute drive, to make sure he is actually around and available. So, most of the work and effort is on my part. I, actually, can’t believe I’m engaging you in this conversation, as you seem to be a petty person. So, I’m all done with the back and forth on this, seeing as it’s derailed this thread from being a “positive dealer and tech experience” thread.

My feeling is this:

I love my ride and want it to stay in great shape the whole time I own it. There’s nothing worse than leaving a car service appt and having a scratched, dented, dirty, sloppy vehicle that was caused from that visit. I’ve had it happen a few too many times in the past (mostly Jeep dealer service). Sure, it’s warrantied or insurance covered, but it’s time and money to have to deal with a new issue. If I’m a tech at a dealership, being a car guy that is an enthusiast of sports cars, I would treat each one as I’d like mine treated. So, I will continue to use a tech that seems to be a car guy, with great work ethic.

I do care! It's very interesting someone would go through all that to get an oil change by the only person they believe can do the job properly (keep in mind we're at Chevy dealership everyone). It's abnormal and there's no harm in trying to learn why you go through that bizarre process for questionable benefit.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:05 PM   #21
JoeCamaro444

Quote:

My feeling is this:

I do care! It's very interesting someone would go through all that to get an oil change by the only person they believe can do the job properly (keep in mind this we're at Chevy dealership everyone). It's abnormal and there's no harm in trying to learn why you go through that bizarre process for questionable benefit.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem replying to this. There may very well be another tech or more at this dealership that treats cars right, but this tech is the first I used after a string of BAD experiences with Jeep techs at multiple dealerships, so I’m sticking with the tech that the service advisor recommended himself, when he saw my car. The advisor stated that “Frank” was the guy he’d like to work on my car because he goes above and beyond.” Once I heard that, I knew that this was the tech I would have work on my car, whenever possible(being that he may leave that dealer some day) so I’ll stick with it. It doesn’t seem to be any issue for the dealer’s service dept as they recommended him first, and now I just roll with it.

Like I said, you seem to have an abnormal fixation on this whole thing. It’s a bit much at this point, but whatever floats your boat. lol
Old 06-17-2018, 08:14 PM   #22
Pi kappa alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCamaro444 View Post
I do care! It's very interesting someone would go through all that to get an oil change by the only person they believe can do the job properly (keep in mind this we're at Chevy dealership everyone). It's abnormal and there's no harm in trying to learn why you go through that bizarre process for questionable benefit.
I have no problem replying to this. There may very well be another tech or more at this dealership that treats cars right, but this tech is the first I used after a string of BAD experiences with Jeep techs at multiple dealerships, so I’m sticking with the tech that the service advisor recommended himself, when he saw my car. The advisor stated that “Frank” was the guy he’d like to work on my car because he goes above and beyond.” Once I heard that, I knew that this was the tech I would have work on my car, whenever possible(being that he may leave that dealer some day) so I’ll stick with it. It doesn’t seem to be any issue for the dealer’s service dept as they recommended him first, and now I just roll with it.

Like I said, you seem to have an abnormal fixation on this whole thing. It’s a bit much at this point, but whatever floats your boat. lol[/QUOTE]

I have an abnormal fixation? Funny coming from the guy who demands 1 specific tech do routine jobs on his run of the mill camaro. Do you honestly think there's a tech the service advisor would not have "highly recommended"?
Old 06-17-2018, 08:17 PM   #23
JoeCamaro444

Quote:

Like I said, you seem to have an abnormal fixation on this whole thing. It’s a bit much at this point, but whatever floats your boat. lol
🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️
I have an abnormal fixation? Funny coming from the guy who demands 1 specific tech do routine jobs on his run of the mill camaro. Do you honestly think there's a tech the service advisor would not have "highly recommended"?[/QUOTE]
Old 06-17-2018, 08:24 PM   #24
Pi kappa alpha

Quote:
🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️
I have an abnormal fixation? Funny coming from the guy who demands 1 specific tech do routine jobs on his run of the mill camaro. Do you honestly think there's a tech the service advisor would not have "highly recommended"?
[/QUOTE]
If Frank were not available when you give the dealership their 25 minute warning would you turn the car around and cancel the appt?
Old 06-17-2018, 08:33 PM   #25
JoeCamaro444

If Frank were not available when you give the dealership their 25 minute warning would you turn the car around and cancel the appt?[/QUOTE]

I’m done, but thanks for your interest.

This post is officially back to what it was intended for, seeing as everyone else “gets it.”
Old 06-17-2018, 08:39 PM   #26
Pi kappa alpha

I'll take that as a yes. If Frank ever quits we might be in big trouble. They'll be no one left on this earth who can service your camaro.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:49 PM   #27
JoeCamaro444

Quote:
I'll take that as a yes. If Frank ever quits we might be in big trouble. They'll be no one left on this earth who can service your camaro.
*There will be no one left...

Grammar exists.

College for the rest of your life might be your best option.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #28
Pi kappa alpha

Quote:
*There will be no one left...

Grammar exists.

College for the rest of your life might be your best option.
Grammar exists but techs who can work on your car other than Frank DO NOT.