Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 11-17-2016, 09:09 PM   #1
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
**Warning** Do not hurt one's feelings on Camaro5!

While I know we live in a sensitive age, it amazes me that "moderators" give warning messages when someone makes a comment on this message board that the OP does not agree with.

Message boards are public forums to anyone who utilizes the www. If an OP posts a message, the OP and "moderators" should understand that the OP is subject to positive/negative feedback.

That is the risk/reward for posting on a public forum. If you cannot handle the feedback you receive after making such post...then your shouldn't post at all.

Enough said.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:27 PM   #2
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Well to be fair, they are moderators for a reason. Their judgement has been trusted to know what is acceptable and what isn't. Not to be that guy, but the first and foremost rule of the forum, as stated by the big man himself:

Respect & Be HelpfulBy far, the most important rule here. Generations of GM enthusiasts have come together through a shared passion for the car and the community, so the golden rule applies: Treat others as you wish to be treated. This means no foul language, insults, or rude remarks towards other members.

We’re here as a family of enthusiasts, and we should act accordingly. And since the site is constantly gaining new members, please go out of your way to help answer others’ questions in an effort to make this an even better community. Shunning new members’ questions or rudely telling others to “search for it” is extremely discouraged.

That being said, I believe the mods here do a pretty good job. If anything, they are on the rather lenient side of things. As a friendly reminder, understanding and perceiving the real intent of ones words behind a computer or phone screen can often be difficult; just because you know you're joking or coming off a certain way, doesn't mean others do. Be respectful and adults. Post to be helpful or constructively criticize. And most importantly, enjoy the best forum on the net!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 11-17-2016, 09:37 PM   #3
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
I don't think respect is an issue. For ex., if you were to post something like you have a $100 bill for sale and are offering that same bill for $120...well then people will obviously post comments that you may not agree with because you think you deserve $120 for the $100 bill you are offering.

I don't think it is out of line to comment on such an offering...whether you agree or disagree.

That should be within the boundaries of a respectful reply.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #4
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
I have no idea why you were warned, but that does usually happen if you act like one of those green shit flies constantly buzzing over someone's parts listing. Again, without more details, I'm not sure why you'd get warned
Old 11-17-2016, 09:58 PM   #5
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm2Reality View Post
I don't think respect is an issue. For ex., if you were to post something like you have a $100 bill for sale and are offering that same bill for $120...well then people will obviously post comments that you may not agree with because you think you deserve $120 for the $100 bill you are offering.

I don't think it is out of line to comment on such an offering...whether you agree or disagree.

That should be within the boundaries of a respectful reply.
Isn't that kind of how bank loans work? lol

I believe it is frowned upon to negatively comment on selling prices openly in for sale threads. The acceptable standard I believe is to, if you are interested in the item, to negotiate via PM, or personal contact. However, criticizing the asking price openly, especially without showing any interest in actually buying the item could be considered more or less trolling. If someone wants to try and sell a $100 bill for $120, that's their business.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:09 AM   #6
audiowhiz

Drives: 2005 Corvette M6
I am new here, but I've been on Vette forums for many years. I can tell you this: Calling out a moderator in public is not a good idea either.

Keep in mind that you are not on a public forum here. You are on a private forum that you just happen to be a member of. Their forum, their rules.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:21 AM   #7
Gayton81

Drives: 2012 2SSRS
**Warning** Do not hurt one's feelings on Camaro5!

Trust me...mods on here are great compared to other forums...go look at the Coloradofans forum...I sold my truck just because how bad they are....ok not really because of them but they really were that bad. The mods acted as if they were real police and had their avatars as badges and everything....I respect the C5 mods more than any as they aren't "big headed" like the Colorado forum mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2016, 06:27 AM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm2Reality View Post
While I know we live in a sensitive age, it amazes me that "moderators" give warning messages when someone makes a comment on this message board that the OP does not agree with.

Message boards are public forums to anyone who utilizes the www. If an OP posts a message, the OP and "moderators" should understand that the OP is subject to positive/negative feedback.

That is the risk/reward for posting on a public forum. If you cannot handle the feedback you receive after making such post...then your shouldn't post at all.

Enough said.
This is a private forum, not "public". It is owned an operated by an individual. He has created this forum for Camaro enthusiast. So you cannot just speak without consequences. There are rules clearly posted and must be respected to continue posting or participating.

Now, given that, everyone needs to understand that their opinion will be challenged or disregarded at times. Because this is a forum of "opinions" and statements.

Just sayin.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:33 AM   #9
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
As a moderator of another popular chevrolet vehicle forum, having almost 140K members you cant let things get out of hand. It will escalate quickly and you end up losing members who provide excellent feedback and help to all. I have been there, we even lost some moderators who were friends due to a few bad apples. There are always those trouble maker people who need to be monitored and reminded of the site rules, yes these sites have rules. I think for the most part it is pretty tame here or at least it seems that way. Keep it up guys!
Old 11-18-2016, 06:45 AM   #10
Buschman

Drives: 2018 ZL1 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
As a moderator of another popular chevrolet vehicle forum, having almost 140K members you cant let things get out of hand. It will escalate quickly and you end up losing members who provide excellent feedback and help to all. I have been there, we even lost some moderators who were friends due to a few bad apples. There are always those trouble maker people who need to be monitored and reminded of the site rules, yes these sites have rules. I think for the most part it is pretty tame here or at least it seems that way. Keep it up guys!
Thanks Ryan. You just reminded me that I haven't been on the Silverado forum in months!

Old 11-18-2016, 07:41 AM   #11
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
You have been here long enough to know the line not to cross. Also venting and calling out a mod, isn't the best idea. Don't forget this forum is privately owned.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:55 AM   #12
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
OP,

Although you have a point, that people seem too sensitive nowadays and that when posting, they are open to comments and criticism. You have to keep in mind that this is a private forum. Moderators can do whatever they wish. Being here is a priviledge, not a right.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:15 AM   #13
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
Free speech doesnt extend to the internet. Isnt it fun to find out not to take the US for granted?

You agreed to TOS of some sort when signing up to Camaro5. Anddd thread deleted.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:28 AM   #14
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
who knew???

Closed Thread