Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #379
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
And so in summation

When the sixth gen came out most of us did not like the rear taillights. The sides I think were pretty nice, hippier, but flowed well. Front looked mean and after getting used to the overall car especially with the optioned black taillights was pretty nice.

Now GM comes and fixes it, ruins the front which is not as nice as the original 6th gen or the fifth gen and again, can't seem to design nice taillights.

Add the GT 500 that's about to come out and Camaro is in for a disaster.

GM, its not the style of the gen 6, though the taillights could use some ingenuity.

Its the damn price. You don't get it, most people are buying 6 cylinders or stock SS model and don't do anything to them. They cost quite a bit more than the Fords and the Dodges. Most people don't care the name they all look good dolled up and stock in their own way. But they can't live with spending 3000 to 5000 more for the Camaro.

I mean GM you really make some overall marketing mistakes.
Stop introducing Camaros that you know will not cut it price wise, or HP wise. I see so many challenger and chargers, hellcats on the roads that its crazy. They took an old chassis design popped a monster motor in it and ate your lunch.
Marketing to the mass public, they don't care about track times and such

Oyy, I will keep my 2013 1LE.

by the way saw a Demon on the street yesterday, intimidating to say the least.

Jim
Old 05-27-2018, 12:53 PM   #380
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
Its the damn price. You don't get it, most people are buying 6 cylinders or stock SS model and don't do anything to them. They cost quite a bit more than the Fords and the Dodges. Most people don't care the name they all look good dolled up and stock in their own way. But they can't live with spending 3000 to 5000 more for the Camaro.

I mean GM you really make some overall marketing mistakes.
Stop introducing Camaros that you know will not cut it price wise, or HP wise. I see so many challenger and chargers, hellcats on the roads that its crazy. They took an old chassis design popped a monster motor in it and ate your lunch.
Marketing to the mass public, they don't care about track times and such

Jim

I absolutely agree that Camaro prices are insane now. Some time ago, I priced a 6th generation with the same options as my '15 2SS/RS 6A convertible; if I recall, it was around $7K more.

To be fair, Dodge is running a 12 year old platform, with no replacement expected until at least at least 2024. FCA continues to offer engine, decals & wheel packages, their reliability is atrocious & they're surviving on fleet sales & daily 20% off MSRP discounts.

Last edited by PDXSSCE; 05-27-2018 at 01:04 PM.
PDXSSCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:58 PM   #381
Lutatt2

Drives: 2010
For some reason the taillights remind me of butt holes 0_0
Lutatt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 07:11 PM   #382
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutatt2 View Post
For some reason the taillights remind me of butt holes 0_0

Probably to pay homage to the butt holes responsible for the facelift.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:48 PM   #383
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
GM, its not the style of the gen 6, .

Its the damn price.
I disagree/agree.

Price isn’t the only factor. I actually think it’s #3 behind the poor interior and styling.

The style is a major issue, it doesn’t look better than a 2010-13. The current styling is a stale version of a now 12-year old design. They need a new direction, which they finally recognized with the ‘19 SS

Hopefully they fix the interior on the 7th Gen
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:05 AM   #384
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
I agree/ disagree----- respectfully

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
I disagree/agree.

Price isn’t the only factor. I actually think it’s #3 behind the poor interior and styling.

The style is a major issue, it doesn’t look better than a 2010-13. The current styling is a stale version of a now 12-year old design. They need a new direction, which they finally recognized with the ‘19 SS

Hopefully they fix the interior on the 7th Gen
I quess that is a valid point, when I see 2015 refresh from a distance it kind of looks like the new one. I was looking at the front of the 2017 and thought it was an aggressive front, kind of very different than the gen5, but I can see the point about the rest of the car. I still very sincerely believe that the price is the biggest thing killing them.
I mean really I don't think the mustang design is so great, and forget the challenger/chargers.

In either case they still have not come up with a next generation great back taillight treatment, both different than the gen 5 but still new.

Just my regurgitated 2.5 cents.
Jim
Old 06-01-2018, 05:10 AM   #385
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
2010 to 2013 owners rejoice! Chevy f-ed it up again. The tail lights are a comic book joke.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:01 AM   #386
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
I will tell ya one thing. I am darn glad I was able to get a brand new 5th gen when I did. It looks orders of magnitude better than any 6th gen especially the 2019 SS.

Now, the regular non SS 2019 Camaro doesn't look as disgusting as the SS update. However, the front grill still looks kinda goofy the way they sloped the grill slats forward towards the bumper. And, the tail lights remind me of a pair of googly eyes staring back at you.

I guess GM really wants to kill off the Camaro.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:47 AM   #387
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
While I don't believe the 2021 7th generation will be a true 2nd generation retro model, I feel it will have its fastback design - sorta similar to the current Mustang.
I would believe any retro looks will be far gone from the 7th generation ,at least i hope . I don't think they could do a good 2nd Gen look anyway , there is much more going on in that front end then the simple looks of the first generation.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:13 PM   #388
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I would believe any retro looks will be far gone from the 7th generation ,at least i hope . I don't think they could do a good 2nd Gen look anyway , there is much more going on in that front end then the simple looks of the first generation.
If they move on from the retro look for the 7th gen ....they better move even further away from the current styling. I hope the 7th gen looks nothing like the current model and is vastly improved.....something that didn't happen on the first post 5th gen styling attempt.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #389
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
If they move on from the retro look for the 7th gen ....they better move even further away from the current styling. I hope the 7th gen looks nothing like the current model and is vastly improved.....something that didn't happen on the first post 5th gen styling attempt.
The 7th generation has to be a huge change in styling but no matter what it won't be what everyone wants . I don't see GM down grading the Camaro to keep the price down ,it will be lighter , powered by smaller motors ,faster and more tech with a hefty price tag .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 03:59 PM   #390
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
They really have to decide, Muscle Car or Sports Car - they're not the same thing.

Personally, well, I do own a 5th Gen...

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:32 AM   #391
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
The sad thing is, they could've kept the 5th gen platform by lightening it up a bit (Zeta II) and refreshing the front and rear bumpers for a cripser look. Also, the '14 update could've lasted at least another year or two before another platform change.

If they just upgraded the powertrains for '16, GM probably could've had just as many sales as they did with the lackluster 6th gen design. It would've at least kept 5th gen fans wanting to trade up for the more powerful powertrains instead of being comopetely repulsed by the new design.

With the '19 mid-cycle update, GM is once again trying to fracture Camaro buyers. 6th gen owners who like the 6th gen style (but only the '16-'18 models) and those who are willing to accept and trade up to the newly restyled '19's.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:44 AM   #392
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
I think they will follow the way Corvette has gone..

Where the C6 wasn’t significantly different than C5; didn’t sell well. Then C7 was a radical change in style that brought sales back
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote