Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #29
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The D1SC is a big supercharger and it needs big bypass to eliminate surging and light throttle.

The blower moves air based on Engine RPM but you are in control of the throttle blade opening.

You have a large amount of air backing up in front of the throttle blade but the blade is barely open, this is what causes the Slinky effect or Surge.

Move to the Race bypass or add a second bypass to the Drivers side or Hot side of the intercooler and your surging will go away.

I prefer to run 2 as it can have more volume than 1 large one.

On my YSI Camaro I run 2, 50mm Tial Q valves with 1.5 psi springs.

Ted.

Awesome Ted, thanks for the info. I am actually in communication with Procharger now to see about getting the Race valve and the flange sent to me and then I guess I will tear the nose off and have my local welder do the work. Hopefully only down for a day or so.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #30
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
interested in plumbing a second valve in, actually welding it onto the pre-intercooler side hard pipe looks like the easiest place to put it. Thoughts?
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:20 AM   #31
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
interested in plumbing a second valve in, actually welding it onto the pre-intercooler side hard pipe looks like the easiest place to put it. Thoughts?
I'm thinking the same way you are. If I have to take the front of the car of and do some fab work, I may just add a hot side valve as well so I can be done with that. I'm also considering selling my car at the same time, so my work on the car is some what in limbo.
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #32
oldman

This is off topic but I have to pass smog and there are two monitors that are stuck on evap and EGR/ VVT dunno, I'll trouble shoot each one, heck I don't think the car even has an EGR right? So I do have a cam with a limiter, will this cause the monitor to be stuck on? The evap as far as I can tell is a simple solenoid bolted to the intake and one plastic line to a hardline on the firewall. I don't see how this can be messed up, supercharger related? dunno
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #33
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Pray it is so slight, I don't notice really and I have the 103mm TB and MSD intake. Oh, I did not tell you I went crazy and purchased a D1X with 4.5 pulley it will have the same boost as the P1SC but when I drop in the forged engine I can do some fun pulley like 3.85.... I did not want you all to pick on my "small" head unit... LOL.
The D1 is a beast. Had one on my Vette and I was running 780whp...we had planned on upping boost or adding a 100shot...but I needed to change. Gonna be sick. Congrats!

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:29 AM   #34
oldman

yeah, I going to run the 4.5 pulley till I get the forged pistons into the car. I should could put them in... oh well it is a hobby.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #35
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
PERFECT
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #36
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
This is off topic but I have to pass smog and there are two monitors that are stuck on evap and EGR/ VVT dunno, I'll trouble shoot each one, heck I don't think the car even has an EGR right? So I do have a cam with a limiter, will this cause the monitor to be stuck on? The evap as far as I can tell is a simple solenoid bolted to the intake and one plastic line to a hardline on the firewall. I don't see how this can be messed up, supercharger related? dunno
Won't pass EGR without VVT working.

EGR is done Via Cam timing.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:06 PM   #37
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Won't pass EGR without VVT working.

EGR is done Via Cam timing.
Yep that is what I thought too, Luck for me EGT / VVT are the same monitor and I can have one monitor "not ready", the only other option is to take it to west Texas and use my brother's address. Austin = California in case people don't know.