Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Wheels / Tires

Old 07-15-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
nilfinite

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Perfect F-Street Spec: 19x10" & 19x11" Forgeline GA3R Wheels

After more than a year of tweaking and testing the 1LE for autocross competition at a national-level, I've learned that the factory engineers did an amazing job with the 1LE!

Never felt the need to tweak the car more than SCCA Street rules to be competitive with the right driver.

I'm selling the perfect spec SCCA F-Street wheels for 5th Gen & 6th Gen Camaros (SCCA Legal for 1LEs; fits on all 5th & 6th Gen Camaros).

Front: 19x10 ET16 w/ 305/30/19 RE-71R
Rear: 19x11 ET36 w/ 305/30/19 RE-71R
Silver Inners & Polished Outers

Forgeline GA3R. (Message me if you want to talk about GA3R vs GA1R, I did a lot of research here before deciding.)

Due to work, looks like I won't be able to go to SCCA Nationals this year and most likely work with take over next year too.

I flipped the 305/30/19 RE-71R tires on them with ~40 more runs left so they are ready to go.

For the folks that don't know why these wheels & tires are the perfect spec (wider tire, lower diameter, lightest weight), I'll write a follow up post later next week.

MSRP is $6.5K+ for the wheels. I bought them new and obsessively wash them after every race. Offering $3K picked up.

Happy Hunting folks.

Cheers,
Will
Attached Images

Last edited by nilfinite; 09-16-2018 at 03:08 PM.
nilfinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
derieu
Engineer

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Legit my dream wheels for my car in the future, wish i wasnt a broke college kid or id be negotiating right now. Good luck with the sale!
derieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 01:10 PM   #3
Enyeart1349

Drives: 2011 2SS RS
2900+shipping
Enyeart1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:50 PM   #4
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
If these wheels were satin black I would probably be contacting you. Do you know if Forgeline can refinish the wheels to a different color? And if they can how much that costs?
Old 07-17-2018, 02:48 PM   #5
nilfinite

Thanks for the interest, everyone. The color of the wheels can be changed pretty easily by a local powdercoating shop. It'd cost anywhere from $100 - $200/wheel.

Also answered this question via PM: Why GA3R vs GA1R.

Without getting these specific wheels in both GA1R & GA3R, I can't say for certain which one is lighter. I have been advised that GA3R can definitely be lighter than GA1R.

The GA3R also has the benefit of being repairable. If something bad happens to the outer wheel rendering it unsafe, you can replace the outer rim which isn't custom-made vs the entire wheel in the GA1R case.

Also, I like the GA3R look more for the Camaro than GA1R.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #6
nilfinite

On the color, I will say that I thought the silver wheels looked amazing. Here are some shots of it on my car.

To the point on protecting my stuff, I have a clearbra all around the car + wheel guards . Since the 1LE is garaged except for racing, I never felt the need to wipe off the rubber from the cone marks. Felt more "real" when racing.

When I sell the car, I'll take off the clear bra and perfect paint underneath!
Attached Images

Last edited by nilfinite; 07-17-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:59 PM   #7
le'1le

Drives: Future 1LE
I am fellow FS 1LE competitor and I am interested. How much of a bitch are the 305s to mount on these? My forgestars makes me shop hate my guts. If these are easier, I might not care about the price haha.
le'1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #8
nilfinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by le'1le View Post
I am fellow FS 1LE competitor and I am interested. How much of a bitch are the 305s to mount on these? My forgestars makes me shop hate my guts. If these are easier, I might not care about the price haha.
Ha, my shop (America's Tire) also had a tough time getting them mounted. Eventually the "master" did it after a few tries.

When I flipped the tires, it was super easy for the 3rd shop. The trick was finding a shop that has this machine: Hunter Revolution

Most shops that work with the crazy wheels with oversized/undersized tires should be able to help.

Happy hunting!
Old 08-01-2018, 07:06 PM   #9
nilfinite

Quick bump. Recognizing that these wheels are for the unique category of folks that want the best of the best and likely race with their Camaros.

CA is the best because the racing season lasts until November. Will probably have some more fun with them if they aren't snapped up before this year's nationals event.
Old 08-24-2018, 02:22 PM   #10
nilfinite

Posted these on Facebook and got a lot of interest locally and some more interest on this forum as well. Many people that wished these were available before they bought their set of Forgestars.

I know I was in the same camp a year ago: wished someone was selling a set of used Forgelines with these same specs.

Will keep this thread up until the right buyer comes along. Someone that is intermediate or advanced level in autocross + track and looking to take their setup to the next level.

I immediately went from 2nd to 1st after getting this set. Was satisfying because finally driver skill and setup worked together.

Wish I had the time to keep on racing or else I'd be having a ton of fun with these.
Old 09-16-2018, 03:06 PM   #11
nilfinite

In connection to racing less, now I need to sell my Camaro. Just put up a listing for my Recaro Seats.

Also dropping the price of these to $3K local pick up. Will do a sweet discount for the person that buys both.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:32 PM   #12
nilfinite

Quick ping here. Wheels are available and in storage. Getting more inbound interest on these wheels than usual. Must be the time of the year. Would like to sell these as the racing season picks up.

Latest on my end: figured out how to keep the 1LE afterall. Found a new parking spot for the car to hibernate between events. Not going as often + not DDing the Camaro so don't get enough opportunities to play with the Forgelines anymore. Ready to sell them now.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #13
DavidtheM

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Same asking price; $3k? And mounted with the RE71s?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
DavidtheM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:31 PM   #14
@ReaperZL1

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1 aka the Reaper
bump
@ReaperZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote