Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #29
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I agree with Tony. It sounds like you eventually want to go with forged, so I'd suggest saving up and getting what you want, instead of settling for something right now. The wheels in your original post are OK, but really don't look any better than the factory wheels IMO. If you want to look different for now you can always powdercoat them black and go with forged later. I powdercoated mine until I wore the tread off the back tires.

BTW...here's another forged option (just in case).
You are correct and have a point, Its not that I dont have the money to go forged, Its that I dont know if I want to spend that much on tires and wheels right now. I am going with pro-charger for sure just debating where I want to spend the money first.. Options Options Options
BTW car looks great.. Thanks for sharing
Old 12-22-2010, 11:29 AM   #30
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBlkSS View Post
You are correct and have a point, Its not that I dont have the money to go forged, Its that I dont know if I want to spend that much on tires and wheels right now. I am going with pro-charger for sure just debating where I want to spend the money first.. Options Options Options
BTW car looks great.. Thanks for sharing
Yea...I know what you mean. It's a tough decision to make, but I'm glad I went the direction I did. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #31
ScottieBlkSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
Yea...I know what you mean. It's a tough decision to make, but I'm glad I went the direction I did. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Thanks Big Guy, Merry X-Mas to you and yours...
Scottie
Old 12-22-2010, 05:21 PM   #32
ScottieBlkSS

Opinions are greatly appreciated everyone..
Old 12-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #33
coolman

I never got sucked into needing $5,000.00 wheels to make my car look good. The factory wheels on the car aren't forged and they look fine. I think the rims you picked look good in the picture but up close it's hard to say. Remember you got wheel salesmen telling you that you need Forged wheels or your car won't be good enough. Not to take away from you sales guys trying to make a buck but really, there are a lot of rims that look great for an everyday car that aren't $5,000.00 forged rims.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:24 PM   #34
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
i had the foose wheels (cast) and liked them, but i ended up going with iforged three piece wheels later and they are defiantly worth the price.

wheels look way better, and the quality is great

Old 12-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #35
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
what wheels are these?
Attached Images

BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #36
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
Dude go with what your feeling, but I will say that most of the guys giving there opinion on getting the best wheel have be there and bought the cast and wish later that they would have spent the extra on a better quality wheel, me included. I have almost 5K in wheels and tires and $1600 in suspension, but it puts a big smile on my face when I'm driving down the road. Post pics when you get them on.

Have a Happy Holiday,

Clay
Old 12-22-2010, 07:39 PM   #37
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I never got sucked into needing $5,000.00 wheels to make my car look good. The factory wheels on the car aren't forged and they look fine. I think the rims you picked look good in the picture but up close it's hard to say. Remember you got wheel salesmen telling you that you need Forged wheels or your car won't be good enough. Not to take away from you sales guys trying to make a buck but really, there are a lot of rims that look great for an everyday car that aren't $5,000.00 forged rims.

I do not think my cast wheels make my car look cheap. I would love some forged 3 piece wheels, but I am not paying for them I really want some Forgestar F14s in 22s but I will probably just stick with my wheels.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 PM   #38
ScottieBlkSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
I agree, I agree. There is alot more mark-up in forged wheels than cast. I agree they definately look better but My 5k in the bank account looks GREAT also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
what wheels are these?
I dunno Ive been admiring them myself they look fabulious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post

I do not think my cast wheels make my car look cheap. I would love some forged 3 piece wheels, but I am not paying for them I really want some Forgestar F14s in 22s but I will probably just stick with my wheels.

I agree 100% your car looks killer the way it is...
Old 12-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #39
coolman

Quote:

Your car looks great!
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #40
sslover85
CRB

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBlkSS View Post
Im NOT entering any car shows!!!And I have seen several cars that look GREAT with cast wheels.
Sorry man, I INTERPRETED all the words in all CAPS and the EXCLAMATION POINTS as anger, but I get where you are coming from. I have been very pleased with both cast and forged wheels, but the level of happiness that my 360 Forged wheels have given me to this point far outweighs the happiness received from previous cast wheels. Just like taylor ryan said, there are very nice looking and more affordable cast wheels. I absolutely love the look of his car. Good luck. Sorry I misinterpreted your previous post replying to Nineball's comment
sslover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #41
sslover85
CRB

Quote:

Love the look of your car man. Very tasteful mods that aren't over the top and tacky. NICE
Old 12-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #42
sslover85
CRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
what wheels are these?
SICKALICIOUS PIMPSTAR BALLER FORGED WHEELS. 22"