Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 08-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #1835
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I left town around 1 after stopping by the base to have lunch w/ friends.

Dang it... another one I missed. Becky & Fbod posted my username all over my car the first night so I was hard to miss. Spent most of my time in the tower at the Drag races...

Red River got me going right before noon checkout. I figured they would be able to get a tire since the front one I ordered from Tire Rack last month actually shipped from Shreveport.

Will make another trip up there soon... and it would be great to see some of you make it down for the TX Camaro Natl's last weekend of October. It will be a two day event.

and BTW... love that Avitar... I got to drive that car in the AutoX...
Yep, somehow totally missed your car!! Didn't see it at all! I was in the overflow hotel and had my daughter with us so we didn't stay out too late at the host hotel during the evenings. When I was there I hung out with Joanne and Bonnie. Glad you like my Avatar! How'd you do on the autocross?? My slow butt best was 44 seconds! I didn't get to drag...was going to on Saturday and got rained out...wishing I would have
hung out just a little longer...seems like right after we called it quits, the skies cleared!

I have an appt with Red River on Tues...my Service Airbag light came on....think its the sensor in the passenger side seat. Hopefully it is something minor like that.

Camaro Nationals sound like fun!!!! Is it just drag racing or is there anything else going on? Is it going to be Sat and Sun? I'm signed up for a mud run that Sat, but hopefully I can get an early heat and have time to come down afterwards.

Keep us posted on when you will be up! Would be cool to hook up
Old 08-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #1836
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Yep, somehow totally missed your car!! Didn't see it at all! I was in the overflow hotel and had my daughter with us so we didn't stay out too late at the host hotel during the evenings. When I was there I hung out with Joanne and Bonnie. Glad you like my Avatar! How'd you do on the autocross?? My slow butt best was 44 seconds! I didn't get to drag...was going to on Saturday and got rained out...wishing I would have
hung out just a little longer...seems like right after we called it quits, the skies cleared!

I have an appt with Red River on Tues...my Service Airbag light came on....think its the sensor in the passenger side seat. Hopefully it is something minor like that.

Camaro Nationals sound like fun!!!! Is it just drag racing or is there anything else going on? Is it going to be Sat and Sun? I'm signed up for a mud run that Sat, but hopefully I can get an early heat and have time to come down afterwards.

Keep us posted on when you will be up! Would be cool to hook up
We kept the drags open til 7PM on Saturday and opened it up to test and tune at the end. Dried the track twice. I wouldn't let them close it early and prayed for the sun to come out. Glad you did get to make it over to the host lot and meet Bonnie and crew. Hopefully we'll get this thing in TX next year...

We will have a Saturday afternoon car show / dynos / party then racing at 11AM on Sunday at Lonestar Motorsports Park in Sealy TX...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238771
Old 08-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #1837
BossCitySS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Nice looking rides Scottie! Are you apart of a Mustang Club too? I need to join one! We should have changed our club name back in the day so it could include other muscle cars. :-(
BossCitySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #1838
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossCitySS View Post
Nice looking rides Scottie! Are you apart of a Mustang Club too? I need to join one! We should have changed our club name back in the day so it could include other muscle cars. :-(
We have one here called WHM West Houston Muscle... Great group of cars that we hook up with all the time.

Last Saturday they had a meet w/ over 700 cars.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:08 PM   #1839
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Quote:
Thank you Mark, How you been? I have not seen you at the bossier store in a while you still there? And I agree we def should have changed the name bk then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
We have one here called WHM West Houston Muscle... Great group of cars that we hook up with all the time.

Last Saturday they had a meet w/ over 700 cars.
WOW. Thats pretty huge, We need to do somin like that here! My little 4cyl Mustang would not fit in well at a camaro club! But I guess I could drive my Maro!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #1840
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBlkSS View Post

WOW. Thats pretty huge, We need to do somin like that here! My little 4cyl Mustang would not fit in well at a camaro club! But I guess I could drive my Maro!
We have 2 V6 Mustangs that we've sort of adopted... They always park with us instead of with the Shelby guys..
Old 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #1841
BossCitySS

Naw I'm not in Bossier anymore im actually in Shreveport at the store on Mainsfield Rd. And I agree, my lil ol 2 stroke mustang (since yours is a 4 cylinder I had to call mine a 2, since its no where near urs) wouldn't belong well either in a camaro group!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #1842
stso634

Quote:
Naw I'm not in Bossier anymore im actually in Shreveport at the store on Mainsfield Rd. And I agree, my lil ol 2 stroke mustang (since yours is a 4 cylinder I had to call mine a 2, since its no where near urs) wouldn't belong well either in a camaro group!
I don't care if you both show up on mopeds, it would still be great to see you guys!!!!
stso634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #1843
BossCitySS

LOL! Thanks Steve. Next time y'all do something let me know and if I am off I will show up. Just no making fun of my lil ol'mustang.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #1844
ScottieBlkSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
Quote:
LOL! Thanks Steve. Next time y'all do something let me know and if I am off I will show up. Just no making fun of my lil ol'mustang.
Mine either......
What you driving now Mark? I knew I had not seen you at Bossier store for a minute. How that baby?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #1845
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
Maybe I missed the boat but I was at Shanes yesterday--no one showed up!! Lets have a strong showing at Strawns an coilliers!!
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:48 PM   #1846
stso634

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Maybe I missed the boat but I was at Shanes yesterday--no one showed up!! Lets have a strong showing at Strawns an coilliers!!

I thought about the meeting around 10:30 last night. LOL

I don't know if there is an official Breakfast and Fast Rides this month, but I'll be glad to have breakfast with you Saturday morning.
stso634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #1847
BossCitySS

The baby is great scottie thanks! She's got a lil attitude and all now. Man I just got this lil ol' 07 Mustang GT I got a pretty sweet deal on and I have a 91 Fox body.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #1848
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Hey everyone!!! Whatcha think about having this month's meeting at Buffalo Wild Wings on Youree instead of Shane's...change of scenery plus we are doing a fundraiser that night...my organization gets 20% of the proceeds so it would kill two birds with one stone! Let me know what you think!!