Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #1
vladkgb

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS Pewter
Unhappy somewhat soul crushed

So i had a dealer contact me which was selling the 2010 Camaro at MSRP, and the guy told me that this car is limited production for this year, and all of the cars in their allocation were already sold, so to buy from them i would either have to get lucky if someone cancels, or wait till 2011. Unfortunately, this is the only dealer within a decent driving distance from me (Miami), who sells at MSRP. I wasnt aware that this was limited production, i thought they would make 14k cars now and continue to take orders. I'll probably have to wait till next year :( Oh Well, i guess its ok, they'll probably have cooler stuff for next year's and all the recalls will be ironed out.
vladkgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
If it were me i would order it. I would say there is a good chance that one of the presold go unpurchased. It happens.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
OK, where's that phase I've come to love.....someone, PLEASE post it!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
joepitt

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro, 2017 Acura
Or cancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
If it were me i would order it. I would say there is a good chance that one of the presold go unpurchased. It happens.
There have been a couple of guys mention they got bumped up because another order was cancelled.

Have you thought about the Tampa or Orlando areas? It's only about 4.5 hours to Orlando and closer to Tampa.
Dinah Shore, 1952: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGZvQoPxhNs
joepitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
OK, where's that phase I've come to love.....someone, PLEASE post it!
No problaemo.

Your dealer is an idiot!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
ADD this dealer to the pile of IDIOTS

Your dealer is an IDIOT!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:29 AM   #7
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
PM Name:  scottysmiley.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  1.8 KB and have him order one for you!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladkgb View Post
So i had a dealer contact me which was selling the 2010 Camaro at MSRP, and the guy told me that this car is limited production for this year, and all of the cars in their allocation were already sold, so to buy from them i would either have to get lucky if someone cancels, or wait till 2011. Unfortunately, this is the only dealer within a decent driving distance from me (Miami), who sells at MSRP. I wasnt aware that this was limited production, i thought they would make 14k cars now and continue to take orders. I'll probably have to wait till next year :( Oh Well, i guess its ok, they'll probably have cooler stuff for next year's and all the recalls will be ironed out.
as said before. your dealer is an idiot.

there are other dealers that you could order from and pay an extra shipping charge to have it drop shipped to your location.

pm scotty. he'll hook you up.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #9
Camaro's from Dave

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
PM Attachment 18823 and have him order one for you!
I'm not sure you read his post carefully to me the key words in it was DRIVING DISTANCE. I'm sure he would have already contacted a number of willing dealers before posting that if we had wanted to order one and have it shipped it to him.....
Camaro's from Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #10
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro's from Dave View Post
I'm not sure you read his post carefully to me the key words in it was DRIVING DISTANCE. I'm sure he would have already contacted a number of willing dealers before posting that if we had wanted to order one and have it shipped it to him.....
Actually IRPQ11 has a pretty good idea. See CamaroSpike's post right before yours...
Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 PM   #11
Camaro's from Dave

Drives: chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Actually IRPQ11 has a pretty good idea. See CamaroSpike's post right before yours...
I guess we read the original post with different eyes and perspectives. But hey thats alright. That is what makes this world exciting and a joy to wake up to everyday!
Camaro's from Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #12
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Melbourne Chevrolet isn't too far. I would check with them. I know for a fact they have one on at least hold, because I got moved up to #2 last week.

800 S Harbor City Blvd.
Melbourne, FL 32901
321-723-3611

Mike Melendez = Dealer who is NOT an idiot.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #13
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Another idea...if someone had to go out of state, a bordering state, maybe 2 states away, or on the other side of the country even, wouldn't it be cool to get a one way airline ticket to the city/state of the dealership (for $99 or less if you catch some deals hopefully), then take a cab to the dealership from the airport, do the paperwork and cruise home in your new ride. Even better, take a loved one/friend and make a mini vacation/adventure out of it. Take your time, see some sites and the coutryside a bit. Watch all the people gawk and stare as your cruise through their part of the world. I think that would be really really cool. An experience you'd never forget.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #14
arozar

Drives: 2007 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
Another idea...if someone had to go out of state, a bordering state, maybe 2 states away, or on the other side of the country even, wouldn't it be cool to get a one way airline ticket to the city/state of the dealership (for $99 or less if you catch some deals hopefully), then take a cab to the dealership from the airport, do the paperwork and cruise home in your new ride. Even better, take a loved one/friend and make a mini vacation/adventure out of it. Take your time, see some sites and the coutryside a bit. Watch all the people gawk and stare as your cruise through their part of the world. I think that would be really really cool. An experience you'd never forget.
2001 Trans-Am WS6 M6

http://site.despair.com/governmentmotors/

arozar is offline   Reply With Quote