Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 01-20-2024, 09:30 AM   #1
snicko

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE
BK seat adapter + Sparco install questions..

So I've got the BK seat adapter brackets - Recaro slider - BK Recaro seat brackets and a Sparco QRT seat.

I got the seat in last night for check fit and seating position last night. Everything seems OK, probably

Couple of questions for y'all:

1. There are a couple of thick black washers leftover. I saw no reference to them in the instructions. My guess is that they go in place of the stock seatbelt mounts go when attaching to the BK brackets.

2. There is a 3/8" gap between the rear bottom of the outboard bracket and the floor of the car. I don't see any contact points / interference that is keeping the bracket up off the floor. After tightening the T-50 bolt down tight, the slider and bracket still fit flush and the slider moves freely. -- This feels normal but thought I'd ask if anyone else ran into that issue?

3. The holes on the seat brackets needed to be elongated a few MM to get them to line up with the holes on the QRT seat. Was that normal for y'all running this setup?

4. I'm 6'1". The seat 'feels' lower than the stock seat. I can fix that with a bit of padding in the seat if I need, however the seat is a bit more upright than my liking. The seat bottoms out on the bracket before lining up with the bottom most hole. I don't feel comfortable making the bottom hole in the bracket bigger as it'll mean taking a bunch of material away. I'm thinking of shimming (1/8" to 1/4" thick washers) front mounts of either the slider or the seat brackets. I did this in a couple of old race cars without a problem but neither of those were on sliders. Anyone else run into this and how did you solve it?

Thanks!
Attached Images

snicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 12:16 PM   #2
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snicko View Post
So I've got the BK seat adapter brackets - Recaro slider - BK Recaro seat brackets and a Sparco QRT seat.

I got the seat in last night for check fit and seating position last night. Everything seems OK, probably

Couple of questions for y'all:

1. There are a couple of thick black washers leftover. I saw no reference to them in the instructions. My guess is that they go in place of the stock seatbelt mounts go when attaching to the BK brackets.

2. There is a 3/8" gap between the rear bottom of the outboard bracket and the floor of the car. I don't see any contact points / interference that is keeping the bracket up off the floor. After tightening the T-50 bolt down tight, the slider and bracket still fit flush and the slider moves freely. -- This feels normal but thought I'd ask if anyone else ran into that issue?

3. The holes on the seat brackets needed to be elongated a few MM to get them to line up with the holes on the QRT seat. Was that normal for y'all running this setup?

4. I'm 6'1". The seat 'feels' lower than the stock seat. I can fix that with a bit of padding in the seat if I need, however the seat is a bit more upright than my liking. The seat bottoms out on the bracket before lining up with the bottom most hole. I don't feel comfortable making the bottom hole in the bracket bigger as it'll mean taking a bunch of material away. I'm thinking of shimming (1/8" to 1/4" thick washers) front mounts of either the slider or the seat brackets. I did this in a couple of old race cars without a problem but neither of those were on sliders. Anyone else run into this and how did you solve it?

Thanks!
#1 Those large black spacers are to go under the back of the seat between the floor of the car and the BK base, it prevents the whole thing from having a bend in it which can cause the sliders not to work properly. That should also answer your question #2.

#3 Yes this has been my experience, I usually have to drill out some holes although some brackets may fit correctly wihtout that.

#4 You probably just need different side brackets that will allow your seat to lean back more by increasing the height at the front of the seat.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 03:07 PM   #3
snicko

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian1LE View Post
#1 Those large black spacers are to go under the back of the seat between the floor of the car and the BK base, it prevents the whole thing from having a bend in it which can cause the sliders not to work properly. That should also answer your question #2.

#3 Yes this has been my experience, I usually have to drill out some holes although some brackets may fit correctly wihtout that.

#4 You probably just need different side brackets that will allow your seat to lean back more by increasing the height at the front of the seat.

Ok, #1 makes sense.The outboard one doesn't lay flat, I'll shove one under there. The inboard one seems to lay flat just fine. I'll see if both of them go under the outboard one.

#3 - I'm embarrassed to admit - I had the brackets backwards with the end with one hole up front and 4 holes in the back. Everything lines up better with them flipped around and I'm able to get some tilt to the seat with the 4 holes in the front. The holes did need elongating with a Dremel and a grinding bit

In my defense - with them backwards the three holds lined up with three holes in the sliders. Using the logic of - 3 bolts is more secure than 2, I went that route. The fact that the kit came with 4 bolts and not 6 should have been a tipoff...

Thanks man - I appreciate the help
snicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 05:30 PM   #4
Christian1LE

Drives: 2004 BMW 330CI, 2022 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by snicko View Post
Ok, #1 makes sense.The outboard one doesn't lay flat, I'll shove one under there. The inboard one seems to lay flat just fine. I'll see if both of them go under the outboard one.

#3 - I'm embarrassed to admit - I had the brackets backwards with the end with one hole up front and 4 holes in the back. Everything lines up better with them flipped around and I'm able to get some tilt to the seat with the 4 holes in the front. The holes did need elongating with a Dremel and a grinding bit

In my defense - with them backwards the three holds lined up with three holes in the sliders. Using the logic of - 3 bolts is more secure than 2, I went that route. The fact that the kit came with 4 bolts and not 6 should have been a tipoff...

Thanks man - I appreciate the help

One spacer for each side, not both under 1 side.
Christian1LE is offline   Reply With Quote