Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-20-2020, 02:42 PM   #1
SilverHokie

Drives: 86 Camaro IROC LG4, 16 Subaru WRX
AA update outside of dealer?

Hi,

Before I post my question yes I did search before asking.

Just brought home my 2016 2SS. The radio settings have Apple but not Android, so I assume she never got the Android update. Since we are well past the "free" upgrade and I don't want to bring the car to a dealer just yet, two questions:

1. Are there ways to install the software myself or trigger an OTA?
2. Could the software be there but I have to work some magic to get the android option to show in the menu?

For the record, when I plug my android into my wife's Subaru, Android Auto comes up every time.

I was able to bluetooth connect my phone: text and music streamed well. Plugging into the USB got power to my phone. The charging pad did nothing but I read where it doesn't work well with newer phones.

Anyway, thanks and if there is a thread on this please point me there and call me the newb that I am (to 6th gens anyway).

(Yes, I know my IROC is not a 5th nor a 6th gen. I'm here as I am thinking about a newer convertible and I know from experience most of the Camaro forum members are helpful and understanding.... right?!?)
SilverHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
Fire260

Drives: 2019 Camaro LT1
I did find this, don't know if it will help you but....
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502693