Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-07-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
Vermillion19SS

Drives: 19 Chevy Camaro SS, 18 VW Tiguan
Infotainment 3 crashes & CarPlay Call issues

19 SS, every once and a while my infotainment with crash. Screen goes blank for a few seconds and then the Chevy Bow tie pops up similar to when you start up the car. Eventually the system boots up and returns to normal. Anyone else having this issue? Been considering taking it to Chevy to see if they can diagnose a potential problem �� Just curious if anyone else has noticed this on their Camaro.

One other weird issue I’ve noticed is when I’m using Apple CarPlay to make a phone call it will randomly make almost a microphone screeching feedback that’s rather deafening and then take a moment before I can hear the person on the other end (sometimes I cannot continue the call at all)

Thanks!
Vermillion19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:32 PM   #2
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
I have just shy of 10k on my 2019. Never a problem with car play or regular infotainment. I would take that to a dealer in a heartbeat for the money you paid for that car.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 04:59 AM   #3
Vermillion19SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCamaroVert View Post
I have just shy of 10k on my 2019. Never a problem with car play or regular infotainment. I would take that to a dealer in a heartbeat for the money you paid for that car.
Only reason I haven’t taken it in yet is as far as I remember the reboot problem started since the last wireless update the car received. Kinda hoping others were seeing the same issue and that it was a software thing. I have almost 19k on mine, infotainment system has been the only apparent issue with the car so far.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:58 AM   #4
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
Hmm, well, I haven't driven it since last October other than a few miles this month so I guess if there was an update, I probably haven't put much miles with that update.

Come to think of it, bluetooth kept cutting out one 15 minute ride I did a week ago but I have been messing with my DSP as it keeps draining my battery.

All to say... if it is an update issue, the dealer needs to know so that GM knows so that a fix is made. Just saying.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 04:57 AM   #5
Tyestick

Drives: 19’ Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermillion19SS View Post
19 SS, every once and a while my infotainment with crash. Screen goes blank for a few seconds and then the Chevy Bow tie pops up similar to when you start up the car. Eventually the system boots up and returns to normal. Anyone else having this issue? Been considering taking it to Chevy to see if they can diagnose a potential problem �� Just curious if anyone else has noticed this on their Camaro.

One other weird issue I’ve noticed is when I’m using Apple CarPlay to make a phone call it will randomly make almost a microphone screeching feedback that’s rather deafening and then take a moment before I can hear the person on the other end (sometimes I cannot continue the call at all)

Thanks!
I have these EXACT issues as well.

It happens at random, so I’m never able to pinpoint the cause.

I’ve just chalked it up to it being a glitch in CarPlay, and hopefully a future software update will rectify the issues.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:24 AM   #6
Vermillion19SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyestick View Post
I have these EXACT issues as well.

It happens at random, so I’m never able to pinpoint the cause.

I’ve just chalked it up to it being a glitch in CarPlay, and hopefully a future software update will rectify the issues.
Well I’m glad I’m not the only one, but I’m also sorry you’re dealing with it as well lol Hopefully Chevy will push another update. I sent my dealer an email explaining the issue and asking if they/ Chevy were aware of any such glitch. Wait and see what they say I suppose.
Old 05-13-2020, 11:51 AM   #7
Vermillion19SS

Update - decided to have the dealer take a look. They couldn’t find an “U Codes” or recreate the issue. I was hoping there would be some sort of memory data logging for the infotainment but the tech said they unfortunately don’t have that. Worked back and forth live with Chevy technical support and came to the conclusion it’s most like my phone (iPhone 11 pro max) So they are having me try out not connecting via CarPlay. Going to take a video of the radio acting up if it happens again. I guess Chevy and phone manufacturers have been going back and forth as to who has the issue regarding compatibility with Infotainment 3. So my issue is logged for the future and we shall see what happens. Definitely understand the phone compatibility argument but on the other hand considering how common iOS devices are and that iOS is much more contained than android as far are variations etc I’m surprised they still have these issues. Only time will tell. If you’re having this problem it doesn’t hurt to take it in to at least document it and possibly get Chevy to look at little closer.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:29 PM   #8
SOFO

Drives: Camaro Fifty
I have a similar issue on my 2017 SS.
Talked to the dealer.

He will check the stereo and replace the HMI if necessary.
SOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:21 AM   #9
Vermillion19SS

So the Infotainment system will now randomly fail to shut off for some time when you turn the car off, luckily it was doing it’s glitches and I took the car to my dealer as I was nearby. Tech got to see all of the issues plus the radio refusing to shut off which was a new symptom to my knowledge. GM agreed to replace the radio (the good news) but they want the car for 1 to 2 weeks to take the radio out to be able to order the replacement and then lead time to get the new one. Dealer is claiming they can’t tell which one to order without taking it out which sounded kind of odd to me, if GM built they car they should know what hardware was put in their own car. Not a fan of leaving my car for so long but it is what it is apparently. Getting a free loaner so I guess I can’t complain too much.
Old 11-08-2023, 03:43 PM   #10
CorvetteRon

Drives: Camaro, Corvette
The random shut down issue still persists.
My '23 2SS shuts itself down and then restarts itself about ten seconds later.
Not good when you are using the GPS in a busy city!
The dealer disavowes any knowledge of this fault.
And there is no TSB's covering it.
I've just tried this, and so far this malady has stopped!

Your vehicle must be in PARK to reset your system.
Press and hold the END CALL button on your steering wheel for about 10 seconds.
Then, turn your vehicle OFF, open the driver's door and close the driver's door.
Wait for your displays to turn off completely.
Start your vehicle again.
CorvetteRon is offline   Reply With Quote