Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 03-15-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
Adp2017

Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Mishimoto catch can installed w pics

I installed the double catch can system the other day and then drove to work and back today for the first time with it. It's about 120kms round trip of 99% highway driving at between 120-1?? (Insert any combo of digits here)km/h. I was surprised at the amount of blow-by captured by both systems. I expected the PCV can to have more, which it did, but the CCV can was probably still half of what the other can captured.

I couldn't be happier knowing my 2.0T isn't getting gummed up anymore.

I do however wonder how bad the internals are looking already before I was able to get the system. I have just north of 18000kms on her already. Any thoughts of if using some additive to help clean her out would be necessary? I am OCD about cleanliness on my cars and now that I am ready to up my game on the aftermarket purchases, anything to help it run cleaner and more efficiently is what I am after.

The cover is now a bit off kilter now but I'll be messing with hoses to even it back out.

CCV can after 120kms. The PCV side had twice as much.

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

ZZP Intercooler | ZZP Catted DP | Magnaflow Catback | Injen CAI | Tuned (BBR) | CNC Honed Turbo (TPC) w 14lb actuator

Last edited by Adp2017; 03-15-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:46 PM   #2
Captslow

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS I4T
How often should we check these things lol. And what happens if they are full and you don't catch it?
Captslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #3
Adp2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captslow View Post
How often should we check these things lol. And what happens if they are full and you don't catch it?
The instructions state just to get a feel for how often you need to empty them. Not sure what happens if they fill to the max.... IE an extended road trip to Camarofest this summer!

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

ZZP Intercooler | ZZP Catted DP | Magnaflow Catback | Injen CAI | Tuned (BBR) | CNC Honed Turbo (TPC) w 14lb actuator
Old 03-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #4
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
So what did the import fees end up being? I'm still playing cat and mouse with UPS for mine (can't change anything about the delivery for this package... UPS Keeps saying' the system that handles that request is down'; there all down and have been for a week, I'm progressing past irritated to pissed off )

The blue looks super sharp!... Nice pick!
Any install tips? Or did the Mishimoto install vid cover all the bases?
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 07:01 PM   #5
Adp2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
So what did the import fees end up being? I'm still playing cat and mouse with UPS for mine (can't change anything about the delivery for this package... UPS Keeps saying' the system that handles that request is down'; there all down and have been for a week, I'm progressing past irritated to pissed off )

The blue looks super sharp!... Nice pick!
Any install tips? Or did the Mishimoto install vid cover all the bases?
I'll be honest I just f'n paid it. I've had a problem with being a little frivolous in life lol. I did call and try to haggle and get reasoning and all that bs but at the end of the day I was just so happy to finally have it so close I just caved. I guess I basically paid stock price and my preorder was for nothing.

Mishimoto did a great job with their instal video but BE CAREFUL with the tapping tool for the PCV. It needs only be tightend ever so slightly. I partially tore the threading on mine but fixed it with a little silicon.

You'll also want to get used to taking the CCV line off the intake (on 2017's) because you have to do it twice more for the same type of connector on the case.

It's nice to now have a quick release on the new provided adaptors! An added bonus I didn't even think about before hand.

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

Last edited by Adp2017; 03-16-2017 at 07:45 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:14 PM   #6
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
I'll be honest I just f'n paid it. I've had a problem with being a little frivolous in life lol. I did call and try to haggle and get reasoning and all that bs but at the end of the day I was just so happy to finally have it so close I just caved. I guess I basically paid stock price and my preorder was for nothing.

Mishimoto did a great job with their instal video but BE CAREFUL with the tapping tool for the PCV. It needs only be tightend ever so slightly. I partially tore the threading on mine but fixed it with a little silicon.

You'll also want to get used to taking the CCV line off the intake (on 2017's) because you have to do it twice more for the same type of connector on the case.

It's nice to now have a quick a release on the new provided adaptors! An added bonus I didn't even think about before hand.
Thanks for the heads up on that one! Never thought about the quick release fittings either... Mishimoto on the ball yet again!... So $199 for customs?
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Old 03-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #7
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Wow. By looking at your pic, these seem to have been worth the wait! Please keep posting pics of how much more your find in the cans!
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:13 PM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Got mine today while at work will probably install them at some point in the next two weeks. I'd suggest checking regularly during winter because of condensation build-up that will fill the cans really fast.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:43 AM   #9
Adp2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Got mine today while at work will probably install them at some point in the next two weeks. I'd suggest checking regularly during winter because of condensation build-up that will fill the cans really fast.
Great point! I will be check regularly. I think ill get in the habit of checking when I wash my car, which is at least once a week..

I'll post some more pics of how much collects just to get a bit of a feel for it for everyone.

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

Old 03-16-2017, 07:44 AM   #10
Adp2017

Quote:
=So $199 for customs?
I know....

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq

Old 03-16-2017, 07:58 AM   #11
Corner carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
I know....
Indeed, that's not cool at all
Old 03-16-2017, 08:57 AM   #12
Mishimoto
Account Suspended

Drives: Mostly Stock
Awesome install shots! I'm glad you're enjoying the system thus far. We do recommend that you first get a feel for how often you need to check the cans by looking at the content every couple hundred miles, but keep in mind that what you catch in colder weather will be different from what you catch in warmer weather, just be sure to keep an eye on it.

It will be bad news if you let the cans get full. If they get past the baffling, there's a chance that whatever is caught will get sucked right back up into the system. It's better to keep that from happening by getting your distance intervals down for when you check the cans. Hope this helps, and feel free to keep posting what you catch as the weather gets warmer!

-Diamaan
Mishimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 09:31 AM   #13
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0L Turbo
Will install and post pictures of mine this weekend if the weather permits :/

Tell me, ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
tsanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #14
Adp2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by oemtech View Post
Get them to send it USPS... Take a bit longer but much cheaper. I just sent some RV parts to a customer in Canada for about $25 First Class mail. UPS would have 2x or 3x and not get there any sooner.

As for what is collected in the cans. The internal PCV side will get the lions share of the junk.
Thanks for info, I most certainly will make sure UPS never steps foot on my driveways again

331 rwhp , 350 rwtq