Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #127
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Ahhh...aired up to reduce rolling resistance? Never thought of that...
Nice run; need to get some go pros for next year

Same goes for the Dragstrip. Fronts Aired up to the max, rears, only let enough out to get traction.

Pretty cool event. Wish they did something like that here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #128
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@ View Post
Same goes for the Dragstrip. Fronts Aired up to the max, rears, only let enough out to get traction.

Pretty cool event. Wish they did something like that here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes total sense, I'll do that if I make it to 1/4 mile this year... Thanks for the advice guys, I'm a total newb at this still lol

Still working on cracking a 0-60 @ 5.0 secs and need to get my 'real' 13 sec run at the 1/4... Soon as it cools off here I'll be going for broke to get those times before I start with the bolt ons. The part pile is getting quite large
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:41 PM   #129
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Makes total sense, I'll do that if I make it to 1/4 mile this year... Thanks for the advice guys, I'm a total newb at this still lol

Still working on cracking a 0-60 @ 5.0 secs and need to get my 'real' 13 sec run at the 1/4... Soon as it cools off here I'll be going for broke to get those times before I start with the bolt ons. The part pile is getting quite large
Dude, just install the parts. You'll be much happier with them on the car, rather than sitting in a pile. I've been down that road and played the how fast does the car go stock game. With my 99 Camaro, I got it down to 11.68@114, which was good enough to end up in the LS1tech.com top 50 fastest Stock Internal cars. Yay accomplishment. However, that doesn't matter a damned bit. I didn't even get any fake internet points!!! I felt really dumb once I put some stock 243 heads and a small TR224 cam in it and ripped off an 11.teen pass right off the trailer first time back out at the track. I ended up with a 10.60 timeslip by the end of that first night out! Feeling dumb for letting some arbitrary 'goal' keep me slow for far too long!!!! So, trust me, like I said, I been down that road, and the road where you install the parts is MUCH more fun!!!
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 06:59 AM   #130
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoTommy View Post
Dude, just install the parts. You'll be much happier with them on the car, rather than sitting in a pile. I've been down that road and played the how fast does the car go stock game. With my 99 Camaro, I got it down to 11.68@114, which was good enough to end up in the LS1tech.com top 50 fastest Stock Internal cars. Yay accomplishment. However, that doesn't matter a damned bit. I didn't even get any fake internet points!!! I felt really dumb once I put some stock 243 heads and a small TR224 cam in it and ripped off an 11.teen pass right off the trailer first time back out at the track. I ended up with a 10.60 timeslip by the end of that first night out! Feeling dumb for letting some arbitrary 'goal' keep me slow for far too long!!!! So, trust me, like I said, I been down that road, and the road where you install the parts is MUCH more fun!!!
I hear what you're saying, but this being my first real enthusiast car I'm not in a big rush; there's lots more enjoyment to be had for me from the stock car. Would still like to get on a road course a few times to work on my skills before throwing more power at it... Also still waiting on parts in development for my build direction...so no big rush on my end

To be honest it's the time too... Getting married in 6 weeks and I'm neck deep in renovations for the rest of the year lol... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to tearing into it; I've been wanting to do this most of my life.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote