Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-12-2017, 08:20 PM   #85
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedonBlackRS View Post
With any luck, the included tune will be more in line with the old 2.0T EcoTec upgrade (260-340 hp) or the Ford Racing setup for the EcoBoost Mustang; rather than some unspecified, but likely 5-10 hp jump....
I'm with Michigan it's likely a tune to compensate for the airflow change I don't see it gaining any real power period with the tune you'll see maybe the 3 to 5hp jump at the wheel and that's a big maybe.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:41 AM   #86
Nate...

Drives: 2016 Camaro LTG
I'm not holding my breathe on this one.

I agree that staged packages would be sweet. Any gains with a warranty would earn my money.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:01 AM   #87
MasterTech

Drives: 2018 1SS 6Spd
Is the top open with the hood shut? It does have a rubber seal on the upper edge. Seems like the hood will seal it somewhat. You are getting a large inlet with a taper to the turbo inlet instead of the abrupt size change of the OE. I might even be able to do the tune myself through my TIS subscription since thats where all the OEM software is I wouldn't see why not.
MasterTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #88
MotoBlaine

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTech View Post
Is the top open with the hood shut? It does have a rubber seal on the upper edge. Seems like the hood will seal it somewhat. You are getting a large inlet with a taper to the turbo inlet instead of the abrupt size change of the OE. I might even be able to do the tune myself through my TIS subscription since thats where all the OEM software is I wouldn't see why not.
What does that software look like? Can you mess around with stuff like in vagcomon a vw? Im curious tomwhat the dealer software can mess with and see in bcm settings such as auto window up or down or other adjustable things .ie adding magnetic suspension options
MotoBlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:27 PM   #89
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBlaine View Post
What does that software look like? Can you mess around with stuff like in vagcomon a vw? Im curious tomwhat the dealer software can mess with and see in bcm settings such as auto window up or down or other adjustable things .ie adding magnetic suspension options
GM doesn't work that way. You can't add options like mag ride later. Dealers can get verification codes to add Remote Start but mag ride would require physical rewiring and additional modules.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:18 AM   #90
MasterTech

Drives: 2018 1SS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBlaine View Post
No, it's mostly updates for correcting issues with current software. It's based off your VIN so there is no flexibility at all.
MasterTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 03:54 AM   #91
MotoBlaine

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty RS
Damn �� thanks for the feedback guys
MotoBlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:11 PM   #92
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
So, just watched the Phastek video from the fest. He showed the auto-x turbo car and it did not have the GMPP CAI on it like it did at SEMA. Hmmm.