Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-27-2016, 11:49 PM   #15
Clawson

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3LM3L View Post
https://www.att.com/shop/en/wireless...chevrolet.html

As it states, you can do either Mobile Share OR OnStar data plan. No need for both.
I work for AT&T can confirm this and also have mine on my Mobile Share. By the way the hotspots in all the GM cars I've seen so far including the Camaro are provided by LG.

For those with AT&T that have iPhone 6 or newer, you have the WiFi Calling feature if you're running iOS 9 which means if you use the Camaros WiFi Hotspot which has a stronger cellular signal you're able to boost without hacking.
Clawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:11 AM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawson View Post
For those with AT&T that have iPhone 6 or newer, you have the WiFi Calling feature if you're running iOS 9 which means if you use the Camaros WiFi Hotspot which has a stronger cellular signal you're able to boost without hacking.
Wait...what? Can you explain that in a little more detail to a tech-savvy, but sometimes oblivious person?
Old 02-28-2016, 01:12 AM   #17
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
I work for AT&T can confirm this and also have mine on my Mobile Share. By the way the hotspots in all the GM cars I've seen so far including the Camaro are provided by LG.

I use Viber quite a bit and have noticed that when I'm connected to the wifi on the Camaro, the audio and video quality is so much better than when I'm not. I have AT&T also with the iPhone 6S plus but I haven't tried the wifi calling feature yet. When I first got the phone at launch there was a setting to enable wifi calling but AT&T blocked you from using it. Did this change now with the IOS 9 update from Apple?
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:21 PM   #18
Clawson

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Wait...what? Can you explain that in a little more detail to a tech-savvy, but sometimes oblivious person?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
I use Viber quite a bit and have noticed that when I'm connected to the wifi on the Camaro, the audio and video quality is so much better than when I'm not. I have AT&T also with the iPhone 6S plus but I haven't tried the wifi calling feature yet. When I first got the phone at launch there was a setting to enable wifi calling but AT&T blocked you from using it. Did this change now with the IOS 9 update from Apple?

Yeah so since iOS 9 AT&T finally enabled it's WiFi Calling for the 6 and 6S. Apple made it available since iOS 8 but AT&T chose to get a waiver from the FCC before implementing it illegally like other carriers did. Verizon did the same right after AT&T but started with Samsungs for their WiFi Calling.

After updating to iOS 9 under Settings/Phone you should see the WiFi Calling option. It's off by default so you have to agree to all the disclosures about 911 and TTY. Once it's on you don't have to do anything after that just use phone as normal. When on WiFi and the iPhone drops to about 3 bars or less it can automatically connect calls and texts through the WiFi. No tower nearby needed. When it's working the carrier name will show "AT&T WiFi" .

So in the case of the Camaro since it has a stronger cell signal for the Hotspot than a phone does, connecting to it when having WiFi Calling enabled makes the Camaro a booster for your phone.
Clawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 03:34 PM   #19
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
I wonder how much better the reception is for the car's 4G. Anyone know if there is a signal readout anywhere for it?

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #20
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Yeah so since iOS 9 AT&T finally enabled it's WiFi Calling for the 6 and 6S. Apple made it available since iOS 8 but AT&T chose to get a waiver from the FCC before implementing it illegally like other carriers did. Verizon did the same right after AT&T but started with Samsungs for their WiFi Calling.

After updating to iOS 9 under Settings/Phone you should see the WiFi Calling option. It's off by default so you have to agree to all the disclosures about 911 and TTY. Once it's on you don't have to do anything after that just use phone as normal. When on WiFi and the iPhone drops to about 3 bars or less it can automatically connect calls and texts through the WiFi. No tower nearby needed. When it's working the carrier name will show "AT&T WiFi" .

So in the case of the Camaro since it has a stronger cell signal for the Hotspot than a phone does, connecting to it when having WiFi Calling enabled makes the Camaro a booster for your phone.
Thanks for the clarification! That's awesome!
Old 02-25-2020, 03:27 PM   #21
Lyndacole

Drives: bmw x1
If you are looking for a company that can offer you a perfect cell phone signal booster at a reasonable price, you have found it! We pay a lot of attention to our customers, as well as to our products’ quality, and we will make sure that every signal issue that you experience will be solved easily, swiftly and effectively. Here you can visit: cell phone signal booster

Lyndacole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:58 AM   #22
LaurieEdwards

Drives: VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndacole View Post
If you are looking for a company that can offer you a perfect cell phone signal booster at a reasonable price, you have found it! We pay a lot of attention to our customers, as well as to our products’ quality, and we will make sure that every signal issue that you experience will be solved easily, swiftly and effectively. Here you can visit: cell phone signal booster

I know wilsonamplifiers and boosterplanet. They have competitors. I bought - https://www.myamplifiers.com/repeater-20/
It supports all mobile operators in the UK.
Easy to install. Works good
LaurieEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:47 PM   #23
PnCRedJwl2SS
Howdy! Pete here...

Drives: 2017 50th Anniv 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC
I have the wifi hotspot (unlimited data plan) enabled through OnStar. Works great just about everywhere I drive. Initially, it cost me $20/month. I recently called to ask about promotional rates and was given one for 12 months. As an additional bonus, my permanent rate for the wifi hotspot was lowered to $15/month.

Works for me...!

PnCRedJwl2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:47 AM   #24
FerdinandBliss

Drives: Ford : Ecosport
Signak Booster

My phone wouldn't catch signal across a large span of my daily route so had a $300 system installed. Now I have 2 antennas on top that looks tacky but my phone has connection all the time:*

https://www.signalbooster.com/produc...signal-booster
FerdinandBliss is offline   Reply With Quote