Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-25-2020, 08:21 AM   #15
subgraphic

Drives: '16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux_tigerss View Post
I went with 2". No clearance issues at all. Didn't have to dent the headers or dremmel anything.

I did not remove any motor mounts, but did remove the starter (mainly so I could heat shield it) and oil dipstick. Drivers side was pretty easy. Passenger side was kinda rough.

Agreed on sound. I went catless, and when the NPP is open, it's kind of ridiculous. Even a light blip on the throttle can startle people outside the car. WOT next to a concrete barrier or in an underpass is wicked.
Any drone with this setup?
subgraphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:51 AM   #16
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by subgraphic View Post
Any drone with this setup?
Absolutely none with the valves closed. Sounds like my wife's tahoe.

Valves open you can hear it some at highway speed (70-80 mph), but it isn't what I would call drone. Less than my gen V camaro had with long tubes and corsa catback. Can still hold a conversation, talk on bluetooth, listen to podcasts, etc. I run valves open 95% of the time (really just close them in my neighborhood, if i see LEO...)

NPP is actually kind of amazing.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 06:58 AM   #17
LARRY01Z28

Drives: 2001Camaro Z28
great info thanks
LARRY01Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:41 PM   #18
Supaa_ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_1LE View Post
Last night a friend and I installed a set of Texas Speed 1 7/8 High-Flow catted headers without the X-Pipe. Install took a goof 5 hours from start to finish. Build quality of the system is top of the line.I strongly suggest getting these instead of the high priced competitors.The sound that this system makes is out of this world.Don’t let the fact that these headers having high flow cats make you think that there quiet.My friend has Kooks cat less on his C7 vette and to be honest we both said that the Texas speed kit with high flow cats sounds better.You can barely smell fuel.Nothing like a catless car.I think it because I don’t have a tune yet.Ill be willing to answer any questions you guys have about the headers or install or removal of the factory headers.
want to help me install mine ?
Supaa_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:15 PM   #19
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux_tigerss View Post
I went with 2". No clearance issues at all. Didn't have to dent the headers or dremmel anything.

I did not remove any motor mounts, but did remove the starter (mainly so I could heat shield it) and oil dipstick. Drivers side was pretty easy. Passenger side was kinda rough.

Agreed on sound. I went catless, and when the NPP is open, it's kind of ridiculous. Even a light blip on the throttle can startle people outside the car. WOT next to a concrete barrier or in an underpass is wicked.
I see your info says you have a Sierra - is your statement on the 2" TSP for a Sierra or a Camaro (as this is a camaro forum - this could confuse some people)

I just bought TSP 2" headers in January and had to ding three header tubes on the drivers side (two for the steering shaft, one on the bottom for the motor mount)
Old 05-17-2021, 01:05 PM   #20
pS Krazy

Drives: 2017 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper1SS View Post
I just installed my 1 7/8" TSP headers. Done it in my garage on jack stands and ramps in the rear. I also went with the catted setup but I have the 3" MBRP race catback exhaust and the cats will not work with it so I have to have them modified. Taking them to a muffler shop Monday to see what he can come up with. The quality of these headers are great and the fitment is excellent. I went from the bottom to install both. Ditched the factory bolts for the black ARP header bolts. Fired it up for the first time which was straight open headers and Wow these sound crazy mean. Can't wait to get the cats on and everything buttoned up to do some driving and open her up.
Hey so I was wondering what changes to the cats did the exhaust shop do so they can fit the mbrp exhaust? Also how exactly do the cats not fit?
pS Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 06:19 PM   #21
BruceWayne1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pS Krazy View Post
Hey so I was wondering what changes to the cats did the exhaust shop do so they can fit the mbrp exhaust? Also how exactly do the cats not fit?
I took my Mbrp pipes to a shop and had then expand the splayed end so I could slide the cat pipes into the Mbrp pipes. I figured this would reduce chances of leaking. I also had the shop weld up the splayed end of the cat pipes also.