Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 05-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
Zl1+911

Drives: 997 GTS, ZL1 A10, ZLEM6, ZLEA10
Seattle people - looking for a motiv brake bleeder

Hi folks I just realized (I know it's totally my fault) that I don't have the right brake bleeder pump from motive (the one I have is for Porsches). Anyone in Seattle area have one I can borrow tomorrow? Or any other options for doing a self brake flush? Have track on Saturday. Thanks!
Zl1+911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 01:43 AM   #2
Joszer

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
I quit using the motiv bleeder after spilling Motul RBF and Castrol SRF a handfull of times because I couldn't get the cap to seal correctly on my old vette.

Believe it or not I use this $10 tool from amazon to bleed my brakes. They're meant for motorcycles but they work PERFECTLY for the brembos on our cars. I bled the brakes by myself a few times with this little tool on my Vette with the Z07 Carbon Ceramics. Just attach it to the bleeder, crack it up, and pump the pedal. Since you need to get this done by Saturday I don't know what to say, maybe they have a similar tool at your local auto parts store?

Here's the link
https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Cl...=brake+bleeder
Joszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:46 AM   #3
wstaab

Drives: 69 Z28, 2018 ZL1 1LE
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...4G6SOT2C&psc=1
wstaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #4
Zl1+911

Drives: 997 GTS, ZL1 A10, ZLEM6, ZLEA10
Wow seems quite a find. So it prevents air from getting in and u just pump the pedal to bleed?

QUOTE=Joszer;10180711]I quit using the motiv bleeder after spilling Motul RBF and Castrol SRF a handfull of times because I couldn't get the cap to seal correctly on my old vette.

Believe it or not I use this $10 tool from amazon to bleed my brakes. They're meant for motorcycles but they work PERFECTLY for the brembos on our cars. I bled the brakes by myself a few times with this little tool on my Vette with the Z07 Carbon Ceramics. Just attach it to the bleeder, crack it up, and pump the pedal. Since you need to get this done by Saturday I don't know what to say, maybe they have a similar tool at your local auto parts store?

Here's the link
https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Cl...=brake+bleeder[/QUOTE]
Zl1+911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:58 AM   #5
Joszer

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1+911 View Post
Wow seems quite a find. So it prevents air from getting in and u just pump the pedal to bleed?

QUOTE=Joszer;10180711]I quit using the motiv bleeder after spilling Motul RBF and Castrol SRF a handfull of times because I couldn't get the cap to seal correctly on my old vette.

Here's the link
https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Cl...=brake+bleeder
[/QUOTE]

That is correct.
Joszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:51 PM   #6
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Mityvac ftw.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote