Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #1
SS-E-YA

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28, 1974 Turbo Nova
2010 Camaro - Adamized!

Just starting a good, much needed polish on my new to me 10 Camaro SS. Did a 3 step polish with Adam's. Then super wax. Also debadged the "Camaro" on the fenders and the 6.2L LS3 badges on the hood.

DAY I BROUGHT IT HOME.

NICE REFLECTION

Last edited by SS-E-YA; 03-06-2016 at 09:00 PM.
SS-E-YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I love Adams products, don't use anything else except for tire shine which I use Black Magic and have enjoyed that otherwise it is Adams all the way.. I was also thinking of debadging my fenders so thanks for those pics as I was skeptical that it would look good but it definitely cleans the car up by getting rid of them.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:36 PM   #3
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
I love Adams products, don't use anything else except for tire shine which I use Black Magic and have enjoyed that otherwise it is Adams all the way.. I was also thinking of debadging my fenders so thanks for those pics as I was skeptical that it would look good but it definitely cleans the car up by getting rid of them.
Did you try Adam's Super V.R.T. for those tires? As soon as I used it, and the tires stayed clean and black for a month or better in this desert, I fell in love with it.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #4
bigwayne3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
Did you try Adam's Super V.R.T. for those tires? As soon as I used it, and the tires stayed clean and black for a month or better in this desert, I fell in love with it.
No I haven't. I was going to buy it but then for like $10 I bought that other stuff at Walmart so I just stayed with it. I spray it on, leave it for about 10 mins or so then use a tire applicator and spread it out. Shines really well. One of these days I might get Adams.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:59 PM   #5
SS-E-YA

Quote:

All I use is Adam's as well. Been using them for the last 5 years or so. I actually have my own detailing business on the side of my full time job. I get nothing but compliments from my work and a big thanks of that goes to the great products Adam's is putting out! So props to them guys!

I felt that the badges were just out of place. So I removed then and think it looks really clean now.

You should use VRT on the tires. Works wonders and beads water! Doesn't leave a bunch of crap on the tires that will sling all over the car when you drive.

It's also excellent for all the plastic and rubber trim. Dash, panels, ect.

I ran out of VRT so I picked up some mothers back to black. JUNK!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #6
SS-E-YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosted View Post
Plus 1 on that!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:12 PM   #7
bigwayne3000

Doesn't Adams have their own specific tire shine product outside of VRT? Have you used that?
Old 03-06-2016, 10:22 PM   #8
SS-E-YA

Quote:
Doesn't Adams have their own specific tire shine product outside of VRT? Have you used that?
They do. I've never tried it though.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:23 PM   #9
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Apparently, they have two types:

From Adam's:

Quote:
ADAM'S SUPER VRT TIRE & TRIM DRESSING 16OZ

Dress your tires and trim without worrying about slinging. Contains SPF 35 to protect against sun and leaves a clean, grease free finish!

That's right!! We've taken our extremely popular Vinyl, Rubber, and Tire dressing and eliminated the only complaint any of our customers ever had about it. Now instead of Adam's VRT Tire Trim Dressing washing away with the rain or coming off each time you clean your car the NEW Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing actually BEADS AND REPELS WATER!!*
Quote:
ADAM'S TIRE SHINE 16OZ

Adam's Tire Shine is intended to offer a lustrous deep shine on tires. This product was designed specifically for our customers that prefer a deep, rich shine or a wet tire look.

We have tested for months to produce a product that will outlast our Super VRT and provide more shine. Adam's Tire Shine is not greasy and will not run when properly applied on tires. Our new Tire Shine works great on tires with large tread blocks because it is sprayed onto the surface during application.*

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:46 PM   #10
bigwayne3000

Tire shine was the one I was thinking of getting that I mentioned earlier. This Black Magic stuff rocks though like I said. Maybe I'll get lucky and get some tire shine in a mystery box one of these days.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:33 AM   #11
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Car looks amazing SS-E-YA!
What three polish steps did you do? Which machine?

And yes, Adam's does have two different products to use on tires. SVRT which is water resistant and leaves a nice satin sheen to rubber. The acronym stands for Super Vinyl, Rubber, and Tire Dressing and can be use on all those materials on the exterior of the vehicle.
He also offers Tire Shine which is more water proof and specific for tires, it leaves a gloss finish to the tires, and being more water proof with the addition of of small amount of silicone, it'll hold up better to the elements.
Both are "no sling" formulas.

ghosted, you state the SVRT holds up for a month or more in your desert environment? That's awesome. It won't here in the northeast where bigwayne3000 hales from, unless we're in a drought situation. The Tire Shine will last him longer, and much of the gloss can be knocked down (if it's not the desired finish) by wiping with a terry cloth towel about five minutes after being applied.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:05 AM   #12
bigwayne3000

I think I'll be picking up some Tire Shine from Adams. I love the Black Magic I use now but it could last longer.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:44 AM   #13
SS-E-YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZN View Post
Car looks amazing SS-E-YA!
What three polish steps did you do? Which machine?

And yes, Adam's does have two different products to use on tires. SVRT which is water resistant and leaves a nice satin sheen to rubber. The acronym stands for Super Vinyl, Rubber, and Tire Dressing and can be use on all those materials on the exterior of the vehicle.
He also offers Tire Shine which is more water proof and specific for tires, it leaves a gloss finish to the tires, and being more water proof with the addition of of small amount of silicone, it'll hold up better to the elements.
Both are "no sling" formulas.

ghosted, you state the SVRT holds up for a month or more in your desert environment? That's awesome. It won't here in the northeast where bigwayne3000 hales from, unless we're in a drought situation. The Tire Shine will last him longer, and much of the gloss can be knocked down (if it's not the desired finish) by wiping with a terry cloth towel about five minutes after being applied.

Thank you! I clayed first. Then used severe swirl remover (green), swirl and haze remover (orange), and then the paint finishing polish (white) also called fine machine polish. Followed by machine super wax.

I used the Flex.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:36 AM   #14
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
Okay, got ya. I'm guessing you mean the FLEX VRG 3401?

Adam now has a two step process that's better than his old three step products you just used. I know for me, it was really hard to drop the coin on a new set of polishes and pads when I still had a decent amount of the old stuff. I was able to try the new polishes and pads at one of the events at Carlisle, PA shortly after release and was sold! Oh, and he re-formulated the Machine Super Wax into Liquid Paint Sealant now.
The new Paint Correcting Polish starts off as aggressive as the old green Severe Swirl Remover but finishes finer than his old orange Swirl and Haze Remover. The Paint Finishing Polish, that's now the last step, is much easier to remove than the old Fine Machine Polish and is much easier to see when it flashes over. He has a combo deal on both polishes purchased together too.
Use an Orange Microfiber Polishing pad on your FLEX and you very well may be able to skip the Paint Finishing Polish step all together, that's how well the Paint Correcting Polish finishes!
Can't beat the FLEX polisher, thing's awesome for correcting work.

Again, your car came out looking great!