Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-29-2016, 03:27 PM   #1
zl1 canada

Drives: 2017 ZL1 coupe
Dealer installed options LPO question

Hi, i have a question about LPO options, lets say when i order my camaro and a have quit a few options that are LPO, if i order option for floor mats, rear spoiler, wheel centers caps SS and other things, will the factory original parts be on the car when the dealer receives it and options come in and they have to remouve originals, or is the parts missing on the car, want to know if i get to keep original parts.
reason asking is i may just order some of the option after and get to keep originals, not much difference in the prices, and most not hard to install, thanks
zl1 canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:13 PM   #2
jeverton

Drives: 2017 Camaro 50th Anniversary 2SS
You get the original part and the LPO is installed by the dealer.
jeverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:48 PM   #3
zl1 canada

when i asked my dealer this morning he taught that it would not come with the original parts, unless he wants to keep them
Old 12-29-2016, 05:34 PM   #4
brihorse
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 68 C10 Stepside,87 Grand Natl
Compare the price to add it to the factory order form and the price it would be to order it from the dealer accessories catalog. If it is the same price, ask the dealership what the benefit is for you to place it on the factory order. To give up a set of standard issue wheels in order for them to mount and balance a set of tires is not a fair trade if you were to order LPO wheels.
Old 12-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #5
zl1 canada

that is the issue, price is the same, i know they have to pay labour to install but does not justify keeping the parts
Old 12-29-2016, 07:06 PM   #6
Cruz'n 45th

Drives: 2020 Convertible 2SS Red Hot
As mentioned above LPO are dealer installed, which mean your Camaro will come with original parts that will be removed and your replacement options installed by the dealer. You paid for the replaced items in the original costs of the vehicle. Don't let them tell you differently. They tried that with me when I bought mine. I added different wheels (black w/red outline), knee pads, and black chevrons. Corresponding (original items) were provide to me. Good luck!
Old 12-29-2016, 07:32 PM   #7
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
I was given the take off parts for the LPO options. Interesting was that it came with no rear bow tie when ordering black bow ties and 2LT spoiler when ordering the blade spoiler.

Picture shows how it arrived.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:46 PM   #8
zl1 canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz'n 45th View Post
As mentioned above LPO are dealer installed, which mean your Camaro will come with original parts that will be removed and your replacement options installed by the dealer. You paid for the replaced items in the original costs of the vehicle. Don't let them tell you differently. They tried that with me when I bought mine. I added different wheels (black w/red outline), knee pads, and black chevrons. Corresponding (original items) were provide to me. Good luck!
thanks, that what i needed to know, i would think that how it should go
Old 12-30-2016, 07:54 AM   #9
ModdedSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Hotlap it comes with the RS spoiler because the factory blade spoiler does not cover up the holes for the SS spoiler, so they send an LT decklid

Go: 17" Forgestar F14s in Bronze Burst with Hoosier Drag Radials/Rotofab Intake w/ Dry Filter/EFI Flex Fuel Kit/Kooks 2" Longtubes with Offroad Connections/PRAY Performance Ported Intake Manifold/PRAY Performance Ported Throttle Body/PRAY Performance Ported Heads/PRAY Performance Tune

Suspension: Phastek Lowering Springs/BMR Toe Rods/BMR Control Arms/BMR Trailing Arms/BMR Strut Tower Brace
ModdedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 03:40 PM   #10
nfboy

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT HBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brihorse View Post
Compare the price to add it to the factory order form and the price it would be to order it from the dealer accessories catalog. If it is the same price, ask the dealership what the benefit is for you to place it on the factory order. To give up a set of standard issue wheels in order for them to mount and balance a set of tires is not a fair trade if you were to order LPO wheels.
From the factory covered by the factory warranty. Ordered separately and installed, not. At least that is what I was told.

Last edited by nfboy; 01-02-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Spelling
nfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:01 PM   #11
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdedSS View Post
Hotlap it comes with the RS spoiler because the factory blade spoiler does not cover up the holes for the SS spoiler, so they send an LT decklid
Yes. It's interesting that the factory didn't put the bow tie on knowing the dealer would put on black. The gold front was there.

My dealer gave me the take off knee bolsters and spoiler

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 01:37 PM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1 canada View Post
that is the issue, price is the same, i know they have to pay labour to install but does not justify keeping the parts
The price of the LPO item includes labor.
Old 01-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #13
00 Trans Ram

Drives: 2017 2SS
Dealer told me that I wasn't able to keep my regular 4-pot Brembos when they installed my 6-piston ones. That the originals would go back to the factory for as a core.

I thought I could keep them. Can i?
00 Trans Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #14
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Trans Ram View Post
Dealer told me that I wasn't able to keep my regular 4-pot Brembos when they installed my 6-piston ones. That the originals would go back to the factory for as a core.

I thought I could keep them. Can i?
They told me the same on my Colorado Trail Boss Edition that came with off-road tires LPO. Said they would be charged for them unless they were sent back.

Good thing I ordered from Becky (drop shipment to Houston) because her parts dept set them straight and I got both sets of tires and an extra set of floor-mats.