Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 09-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
sal11585

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2ss Nightfall Gray
Just ordered the carbon fiber dash insert from Gm

So I picked up the Oem carbon fiber dash insert and a real carbon fiber gear shifter bezel from eBay. It was pretty difficult to find a real carbon fiber gear bezel, it's from China but its 100% carbon fiber and looks like it will match the OEM good. Looking for a real carbon fiber navigation screen cover. All I can find is hydro dipped, I'm not a fan. Plus I want it to match with the factory carbon dash insert. Does anyone know where I can pick one up that's real carbon?

Anyone interested in the gear bezel trim , here is the link from ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Carbon...53.m2749.l2649
sal11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Hope you like glare

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #3
RedonBlackRS

Drives: 1LT RS 2.0T 8A HD
Isn't the point of using real carbon fiber to reduce weight?
That piece is just a pointless cover for the bezel, not a useful replacement piece.
RedonBlackRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #4
ChadFarr
Instagram: @SSAVAGEVERT

Drives: 2016 SS M6 Vert
The point is real carbon fiber weave looks much better than Hydrodip. It’s a preference and attention to detail. Yes, carbon fiber does save weight but if someone wants real carbon fiber valve stem caps, that’s just what they want!
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
ChadFarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #5
sal11585

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 2ss Nightfall Gray
Exactly! And I come from a Lexus RCF 5.0 V8 and the interior was absolutely amazing. Only getting rid of it because someone backed into it and I don't want a car with a accident. And I did miss rowing my own gears. The Camaro isn't bad for the price of the car, but I had real carbon fiber all over the RCF interior and I loved it. Just trying to get the interior looking as best as I can,
I feel like the hydro dip will make the interior look cheap. I will miss the Mark Levinson audio system in the rcf , the Bose is not bad at all but can't compare.

Last edited by sal11585; 09-13-2018 at 03:48 PM.
sal11585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:53 AM   #6
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal11585 View Post
So I picked up the Oem carbon fiber dash insert and a real carbon fiber gear shifter bezel from eBay. It was pretty difficult to find a real carbon fiber gear bezel, it's from China but its 100% carbon fiber and looks like it will match the OEM good. Looking for a real carbon fiber navigation screen cover. All I can find is hydro dipped, I'm not a fan. Plus I want it to match with the factory carbon dash insert. Does anyone know where I can pick one up that's real carbon?

Anyone interested in the gear bezel trim , here is the link from ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Real-Carbon...53.m2749.l2649
Curious your impressions of the real carbon shifter bezel? Any photos from when you received it/installed? I assume you're happy with the quality/fitment?
ZZP_Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote