Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-01-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Experimenting with DynoSim

The first thing I am trying to do is recreate a stock LT1 but I am short on numbers and they are coming in about 1000 rpm lower than what they should be. I have the newest J1349 version 6 SAE standard correction factor applied:
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 124
Size:  199.2 KB
I am missing some specs however and I have no way of knowing how to find them. I pulled stock head flow data from a WCRCH's article on LT1 porting, I got the total 87mm LT1 throttle body from at 916 cfm @ 1.5 mmhg, I know the @.050 durations for the stock cam but not seat to seat so I put in the @.050 durations and moved the seat to seat up and down until DynoSim said it was a "OEM style" ramp rate. I am using the DynoSim generic "Hp manifolds with cat":
Attachment 1039609

Also not sure, I need to read up, but I am assuming DynoSim is just giving engine power with no accessory losses, so in theory power I get out should be more than the SAE 455 rating.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote