Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-18-2020, 01:53 PM   #1
Starbreaker1968

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6
Finally bit the bullet, Procharger on 2016 V6, great results!

Well got car back from the great folks to work with at WeaponX Motorsports. When I first brought it there, guy said I would guess atleast 100hp gain at rear wheels, kind of let down at first because on Procharger site it promises near 165 gains of rwhp.

After having on Mustang Dyno for half a day he text me and said pleasant surprise, got 433rwhp!!! So if 335 hp before with drive train loss it must have been around 270 or so that is roughly 163 more at the wheels, and 510 to 520 at the crank! No mods except removed terrible Trifecta tune.

I got several discounts so total was $4,999.00 for charger and about $2, 500.00 labor. I am 52 and not into racing, just wanted a bit more. My mistake was letting my 28 yr old son test drive it on highway. Was being good then he suddenly gunned it and went from around 70 to 127 in it feels like no time! He wont be driving it again. Haven't tried built in 0 to 60 timer yet but it still drives great and pushes ya back in your seat when you want it too. Wonder how it would do against a stock SS in quarter mile??
Starbreaker1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:39 PM   #2
AZIROC

Drives: '86 IROC-Z '18 ZL1
Good numbers. But I have to ask, and please don't take it as a dig against you, but why not just get an SS? That being said, good to see a v6 with a power adder. It will definitely surprise alot of v8 cars.
AZIROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 02:48 PM   #3
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Nice to see results on a V6. Did they dyno before the supercharger? Would be curious to the before and after on the same dyno
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:09 PM   #4
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
Only one way to find Out, get to a test and day at a local track. No pressure to really race but you will get a solid number to start
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:34 PM   #5
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Love stories like this.
At 52 the V6 Camaro probably feels just as fast if not faster than most muscle cars from when he was younger. It's a quick car no doubt.

Hope me and my son can enjoy modding and driving cars when he is old enough to drive.

Does it spin pretty hard if you give it hell from 20 mph ?
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 03:35 PM   #6
asthmamax11

Drives: 1SS Summit White 6 speed
Btw welcome to the forums. Noticed it was your first post.

Are you able to post some pics of your car and of course the engine bay ?
Solo Performance Cat deletes and Axleback
Hurst short shifter
#'s coming soon

Riaction coilovers
1LE sway bars
BMR mm
BMR chassis brace

Flow one 19" wheels wrapped in Mickey Thompsons

02 Z28 M6 35th anniversary
80k miles
T-tops
Leather
Bolt ons
Joy to drive this classic every day!
Daily Driver
asthmamax11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:03 PM   #7
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
Good numbers. But I have to ask, and please don't take it as a dig against you, but why not just get an SS? That being said, good to see a v6 with a power adder. It will definitely surprise alot of v8 cars.
if he keeps the SC to himself, he pays much less insurance than the SS. Also depending on the state, less registration.

if the SC has a decent bypass, he'll retain significantly better than SS gas mileage.

Probably still weighs less than a SS, improving the power to weight ratio even if it made the same power as an SS.

No spark plug wires.

The SS has stupid horizontal day time running lights.

varying options means it's hard to tell exactly how much more an equivalent setup v8 would have been but probably more out of the pocket than what was spent. Especially since you can't go back in time and save longer and change what's already been purchased.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 04:09 PM   #8
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintslinger16 View Post
Only one way to find Out, get to a test and day at a local track. No pressure to really race but you will get a solid number to start
Totally agree with this statement. I've seen dyno numbers vary quite a bit over the years, but not the MPH at the track. The track will tell the true tale of the actual power being put to the ground
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:17 PM   #9
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZIROC View Post
"but why not get an ss?"
Becuase he did not want an ss.
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 12:44 PM   #10
ekone

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1lt
Congrats on the new power! I'm also interested in some pics.
ekone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 01:24 PM   #11
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbreaker1968 View Post
Well got car back from the great folks to work with at WeaponX Motorsports. When I first brought it there, guy said I would guess atleast 100hp gain at rear wheels, kind of let down at first because on Procharger site it promises near 165 gains of rwhp.

After having on Mustang Dyno for half a day he text me and said pleasant surprise, got 433rwhp!!! So if 335 hp before with drive train loss it must have been around 270 or so that is roughly 163 more at the wheels, and 510 to 520 at the crank! No mods except removed terrible Trifecta tune.

I got several discounts so total was $4,999.00 for charger and about $2, 500.00 labor. I am 52 and not into racing, just wanted a bit more. My mistake was letting my 28 yr old son test drive it on highway. Was being good then he suddenly gunned it and went from around 70 to 127 in it feels like no time! He wont be driving it again. Haven't tried built in 0 to 60 timer yet but it still drives great and pushes ya back in your seat when you want it too. Wonder how it would do against a stock SS in quarter mile??
Can you tell us more about the tune? What did they use? Which software program? I need one for my Twin turbo kit soon! LOL
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:14 PM   #12
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYD3800SII View Post
Can you tell us more about the tune? What did they use? Which software program? I need one for my Twin turbo kit soon! LOL
what twin turbo kit do you speak of? is it a custom kit?
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:51 PM   #13
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudsmaro View Post
what twin turbo kit do you speak of? is it a custom kit?
YEP.. building it myself... Hardest part is getting the tune because it will most likely cost more than both the turbos and intercooler. I know it will be at least $1000 with HPT because you have to buy credits for both engine and transmission separately.
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #14
Starbreaker1968

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6
Answer to the reply about not just getting a SS if I wanted more power. Well that is easy, I ran into some money and was working 30 yrs running a railroad company with my brother so most of my life I had to drive company cars which were Ford Explorers, etc and last was a Toyota Venza. Well had to go on disability and thought I want a sportier car for myself for once in my life. Motor trend had just named 2016 Camaro car of the year as did others. I liked new look and traded in my Venza and payed rest in cash too have no payment. I cant remember exactly but when all said and done, taxes, title, fees, extended warranty I was at like $38,000! A lot of darn money and was ecstatic with the V6, still pretty feisty and the SS sticker price was around another 10 to 12 thousand more at the time!!! I was in love with my shiny new Camaro, lots of looks. After four years I thought of supercharger at times but not seriously, but had saved enough that 7,500.00 wasn't going to break me so I jumped in, not a racer at all. Like a pool table, may not always play alot but nice to have when you want too. A hobby to just add stuff too it.

On Mustang Dynamometer at WeaponX Motorsports, here are the numbers,

1st pull - 8/3/20 stock with CAI and muffler delete - 253 TQ 304 RWHP 5th gear base pull

2nd pull - 8/7/20 Procharger, they custom tuned it 336 TQ 433 RWHP

Note: I thought first stock pull would be more around 270's considering drive train loss but he told me having a CAI and Muffler delete probably added 30+ gain...He don't care much about crank hp because its just a guess and varies so much but if forced into a opinion, he said HP at crank engine would be atleast 500+ hp! It made a monstrous difference. I am plenty happy with it.
Starbreaker1968 is offline   Reply With Quote