Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-01-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Need advice on how to deal with insurance adjuster

Someone ended up turning right into my rear quarter panel. I'm thinking of using the gm dealer bodyshop that's recommend by my insurance. Reason being I'm new in the area and don't no any good places and I want leverage against the insurance company. I definitely hope they don't use Bondo but I fear if they cut and weld back in a new quarter panel I will have structural damage in the history report. I feel anything they do besides total it that I will always notice the damage or defect in the paint.

Does anyone have any advice they want to share? Thanks for the help[ATTACH] no[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #2
68Vette

Drives: 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic, MRC, NPP
I had a women run into me on the drivers front side which took out the the entire front suspension and fender but I went through my insurance company so the work is guaranteed as long as I own the car, if something comes back as a results of the repair work the insurance company will cover it or make the dealership fix it on their dime. Even tho my insurance co paid for the work it was a non-chargeable (they wont raise my rates) because the women was charged with the accident which she had state farm insurance but I didn't want to hassling with them, that's why I went through my insurance co. Good luck on the repairs.
68Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:49 AM   #3
GhostZL1
Account Suspended

Drives: ZL1?
Get a loss of value claim started ASAP. Maybe even get a lawyer because your insurance will nickle and dime you to death. Its what they do. The car is now worth $5-$10k less... If it were me i wouldn't even want it anymore..unless i was heavily compensated. Not worth the trouble having a car flagged on carfax for serious damage. Selling it will be hell.
GhostZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #4
cmitchell17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostZL1 View Post
Get a loss of value claim started ASAP. Maybe even get a lawyer because your insurance will nickle and dime you to death. Its what they do. The car is now worth $5-$10k less... If it were me i wouldn't even want it anymore..unless i was heavily compensated. Not worth the trouble having a car flagged on carfax for serious damage. Selling it will be hell.
Ok thanks! Should I fine that with their insurance? (Geico) or my insurance (Nationwide)?
Old 05-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #5
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
Ok thanks! Should I fine that with their insurance? (Geico) or my insurance (Nationwide)?
Thankfully, she has insurance. I'd think diminished value if allowed in your state would be paid by her insurance. Nationwide shouldn't have to get involved it Geico handles your claim properly.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 05:44 PM   #6
cmitchell17

I would think it may be beneficial to file the diminished value claim with my Nationwide insurance as long as I don't have to pay another deductible. Then I can let Nationwide go after GEICO instead of me having to. But you may be right?
Old 05-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #7
68Vette

Drives: 1SS Hyper Blue Metallic, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
I would think it may be beneficial to file the diminished value claim with my Nationwide insurance as long as I don't have to pay another deductible. Then I can let Nationwide go after GEICO instead of me having to. But you may be right?
Nationwide will not handle it, this is what they said to me:

Hello Mr. --------

Unfortunately, Nationwide would not be able to handle the diminished value claim under you policy and subrogate State Farm. Diminished value is excluded under your policy under collision. You would have to go directly through State Farm.

Sorry,
68Vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
cmitchell17

Yeah unfortunately I think your insurance contact forbids you from filling a finished value claim on a policy in your name. I think the at fault insurance has to accept liability for you to file one as well.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk