Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-26-2021, 02:57 PM   #29
7branson.jake

Drives: Chevy camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Try to describe your driving. Take your time, no need to shoot from the hip here.

Where would it fall on a scale where very mild driving through the corners would be a '1' and "never met a corner I'd ever drive gently through unless I was stuck behind a slowpoke" would be a 10?

From limited seat time in a 1SS, the SS Camaros seem to be a very capable cars. But there is room for improvement if your normal driving tends toward 8, 9, or 10, perhaps a lot of that being subjective in nature.

Norm
Well this is my first sports car. I drove a 2001 Chevy s10 and I recently just turned 23 so I bought this. I’m driving it hard as hell because I’ve never been able too enjoy going hard on corners
7branson.jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:37 PM   #30
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
No, not worth it. Car is a beast and good handler as is. I think you’d be just throwing a lot of $$$ away.

I agree. I have a 2ss, no mag ride and to me the car is very comfy and smooth riding and handling as it is. So much better than my 2012 Mustang GT I traded in.

I might be in the minority in modern times, but the SS is a muscle car.

I didn't buy my SS for the handling and smooth riding. I bought it because I wanted a car fast in a straight line than many of the other cars on the road.

If I wanted something that handles better I would have saved up more and bought a used C7 instead.

To me the Camaro SS is a muscle car.

If you're going to spend thousands in mods I'd spend it on making it faster.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:11 PM   #31
Racerman27410

Drives: 2016 SS 2SS
I've done a few track days in my 2ss without mag ride and i'll be straight up honest the car is more capable than i will ever ask it to be. i got to ride shotgun in it with a pro driver behind the wheel as part of a lesson and i was very impressed with it's capabilities when driven at the limit.

My advice is keep the car stock and spend money on driving school. The return on investment is much greater and will serve you the rest of your driving life.
Racerman27410 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 2020, 2ss