Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-26-2021, 05:30 PM   #15
Jonnydz

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
Here's another 1 from the other day. This was his wife's car he tracked a zl1 on the first session. Said like the zl1 10 times better

https://youtu.be/Gq3t19NPn54
Old 02-26-2021, 11:15 PM   #16
CC2018SS1LE

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
Sebring is my favorite track in the Southeast. If you haven't run it before, take a look at Jim Pace's tutorial.

It's an excellent primer and is the line I strive to drive every time.

Respect turn 1, look for the cone in the fence (NASA guys will tell you), turn 4-5 trips a lot of guys up, the tower turn isn't really a turn...you'll see and by the end of the weekend, you'll be astonished how fast you can take Bishops in the 1LE.

You'll hear everyone complaining about how rough the surface is. The beautiful thing about MRC, you'll barely feel a bump.

And last, don't skip the NASA Ground School sessions. They will give you a ticket you'll need to turn in when reporting to grid. And, they are pretty good lessons even if they weren't holding your sessions hostage.

Have fun.
Thx I watched 100 videos of 1LEs, I got the track in my head, now I just have to transfer to the track
I’m there for 2 days, I’ll follow slower cars then gradually speed up. I usually need 3-4 sessions, then I’m good to go
Thx for all your advice
CC2018SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:17 PM   #17
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
dont forget depending on option it comes with shitty all season tires or just michelin ps4s
I thought all Z51 came with sticky tires?
Old 03-01-2021, 08:53 PM   #18
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC2018SS1LE View Post
I thought all Z51 came with sticky tires?
Z51 have PS4S tires which definitely can be run on track, but probably are closer to a street tire than the SS1LE stock tires. I’m not sure how much better the C8 runs on something like Cup2’s.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:59 PM   #19
CC2018SS1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
Sebring is my favorite track in the Southeast. If you haven't run it before, take a look at Jim Pace's tutorial.

It's an excellent primer and is the line I strive to drive every time.

Respect turn 1, look for the cone in the fence (NASA guys will tell you), turn 4-5 trips a lot of guys up, the tower turn isn't really a turn...you'll see and by the end of the weekend, you'll be astonished how fast you
can take Bishops in the 1LE.

You'll hear everyone complaining about how rough the surface is. The beautiful thing about MRC, you'll barely feel a bump.

And last, don't skip the NASA Ground School sessions. They will give you a ticket you'll need to turn in when reporting to grid. And, they are pretty good lessons even if they weren't holding your sessions hostage.

Have fun.
Had a blast, video was a big help thank you

Really challenging track, need few more days there, then I think I’ll get it
I went there with old tires, that were hard. My new ones did not come on time. Looking to go back with new tires in a few wks

Thx for advise